|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (adv.) With the back in advance or foremost; as, to ride backward.
2. (adv.) Toward the back; toward the rear; as, to throw the arms backward.
3. (adv.) On the back, or with the back downward.
4. (adv.) Toward, or in, past time or events; ago.
5. (adv.) By way of reflection; reflexively.
6. (adv.) From a better to a worse state, as from honor to shame, from religion to sin.
7. (adv.) In a contrary or reverse manner, way, or direction; contrarily; as, to read backwards.
Backwards (3 Occurrences)
John 18:6 As soon then as He said to them, "I am he," they went backwards and fell to the ground. (WEY)
Genesis 9:23 Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it on both their shoulders, went in backwards, and covered the nakedness of their father. Their faces were backwards, and they didn't see their father's nakedness. (WEB DBY)
Genesis 49:17 Dan will be a serpent on the way, A horned snake on the path, Which biteth the horse's heels, So that the rider falleth backwards. (DBY)