|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) An agreement between parties concerning the sale of property; or a contract by which one party binds himself to transfer the right to some property for a consideration, and the other party binds himself to receive the property and pay the consideration.
2. (n.) An agreement or stipulation; mutual pledge.
3. (n.) A purchase; also (when not qualified), a gainful transaction; an advantageous purchase; as, to buy a thing at a bargain.
4. (n.) The thing stipulated or purchased; also, anything bought cheap.
5. (n.) To make a bargain; to make a contract for the exchange of property or services; -- followed by with and for; as, to bargain with a farmer for a cow.
6. (v. t.) To transfer for a consideration; to barter; to trade; as, to bargain one horse for another.
Bargain (7 Occurrences)
Leviticus 6:2 "If anyone sins, and commits a trespass against Yahweh, and deals falsely with his neighbor in a matter of deposit, or of bargain, or of robbery, or has oppressed his neighbor, (WEB ASV)
2 Kings 18:23 Now therefore, please give pledges to my master the king of Assyria, and I will give you two thousand horses, if you are able on your part to set riders on them. (See NAS NIV)
Job 6:27 Yes, you would even cast lots for the fatherless, and make merchandise of your friend. (See RSV)
Job 41:6 Will traders barter for him? Will they part him among the merchants? (See NAS RSV)
Isaiah 36:8 And now, take a chance with my master, the king of Assyria, and I will give you two thousand horses, if you are able to put horsemen on them. (See NAS NIV)
Isaiah 57:8 And on the back of the doors and on the pillars you have put your sign: for you have been false to me with another; you have made your bed wide, and made an agreement with them; you had a desire for their bed where you saw it (See RSV)
Hosea 12:1 Ephraim feeds on wind, and chases the east wind. He continually multiplies lies and desolation. They make a covenant with Assyria, and oil is carried into Egypt. (See RSV)