|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) a bright flame; a stream of gas or vapor emitting light and heat in the process of combustion
2. (n.) Intense, direct light accompanied with heat; as, to seek shelter from the blaze of the sun.
3. (n.) A bursting out, or active display of any quality; an outburst; a brilliant display.
4. (n.) A white spot on the forehead of a horse.
5. (n.) A spot made on trees by chipping off a piece of the bark, usually as a surveyor's mark.
6. (v. i.) To shine with flame; to glow with flame; as, the fire blazes.
7. (v. i.) To send forth or reflect glowing or brilliant light; to show a blaze.
8. (v. i.) To be resplendent.
9. (v. t.) To mark (a tree) by chipping off a piece of the bark.
10. (v. t.) To designate by blazing; to mark out, as by blazed trees; as, to blaze a line or path.
11. (v. i.) To make public far and wide; to make known; to render conspicuous.
12. (v. i.) To blazon.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
blaz ("to publish"): Found only in the King James Version of Mark 1:45, for Greek diaphemizein, translated by the Revised Version (British and American) "spread abroad," as in Matthew 9:31; Matthew 28:15.
Blaze (9 Occurrences)
Matthew 12:16 But He gave them strict injunctions not to blaze abroad His doings, (WEY)
Mark 1:45 But he went out, and began to publish it much, and to blaze abroad the matter, insomuch that Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in desert places: and they came to him from every quarter. (KJV WBS)
Acts 22:6 "But on my way, when I was now not far from Damascus, about noon a sudden blaze of light from Heaven shone round me. (WEY)
1 Corinthians 13:5 She does not behave unbecomingly, nor seek to aggrandize herself, nor blaze out in passionate anger, nor brood over wrongs. (WEY)
Numbers 16:37 "Speak to Eleazar the son of Aaron the priest, that he take up the censers out of the burning, and scatter the fire yonder; for they are holy, (See NAS RSV)
Numbers 21:28 for a fire has gone out of Heshbon, a flame from the city of Sihon. It has devoured Ar of Moab, The lords of the high places of the Arnon. (See NIV)
Proverbs 29:8 Scoffers set a city in a flame; But wise men turn away wrath. (See JPS)
Jeremiah 48:45 Those who fled stand without strength under the shadow of Heshbon; for a fire is gone forth out of Heshbon, and a flame from the midst of Sihon, and has devoured the corner of Moab, and the crown of the head of the tumultuous ones. (See NIV)
Amos 4:11 "I have overthrown some of you, as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and you were like a burning stick plucked out of the fire; yet you haven't returned to me," says Yahweh. Malachi (See NAS)