|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To affect with blight; to blast; to prevent the growth and fertility of.
2. (v. t.) Hence: To destroy the happiness of; to ruin; to mar essentially; to frustrate; as, to blight one's prospects.
3. (v. i.) To be affected by blight; to blast; as, this vine never blights.
4. (n.) Mildew; decay; anything nipping or blasting; -- applied as a general name to various injuries or diseases of plants, causing the whole or a part to wither, whether occasioned by insects, fungi, or atmospheric influences.
5. (n.) The act of blighting, or the state of being blighted; a withering or mildewing, or a stoppage of growth in the whole or a part of a plant, etc.
6. (n.) That which frustrates one's plans or withers one's hopes; that which impairs or destroys.
7. (n.) A downy species of aphis, or plant louse, destructive to fruit trees, infesting both the roots and branches; -- also applied to several other injurious insects.
8. (n.) A rashlike eruption on the human skin.
Blight (5 Occurrences)
Deuteronomy 28:22 Yahweh will strike you with consumption, and with fever, and with inflammation, and with fiery heat, and with the sword, and with blight, and with mildew; and they shall pursue you until you perish. (WEB DBY NAS NIV)
1 Kings 8:37 "If there is famine in the land, if there is pestilence, if there is blight, mildew, locust or caterpillar; if their enemy besieges them in the land of their cities; whatever plague, whatever sickness there is; (WEB DBY NAS RSV NIV)
2 Chronicles 6:28 If there be in the land famine, if there be pestilence, if there is blight or mildew, locust or caterpillar; if their enemies besiege them in the land of their cities; whatever plague or whatever sickness there be; (WEB DBY NAS RSV NIV)
Amos 4:9 "I struck you with blight and mildew many times in your gardens and your vineyards; and your fig trees and your olive trees have the swarming locust devoured: yet you haven't returned to me," says Yahweh. (WEB RSV NIV)
Haggai 2:17 I struck you with blight, mildew, and hail in all the work of your hands; yet you didn't turn to me,' says Yahweh. (WEB RSV NIV)