|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Breed.
2. (n.) The act or process of generating or bearing.
3. (n.) The raising or improving of any kind of domestic animals; as, farmers should pay attention to breeding.
4. (n.) Nurture; education; formation of manners.
5. (n.) Deportment or behavior in the external offices and decorums of social life; manners; knowledge of, or training in, the ceremonies, or polite observances of society.
6. (n.) Descent; pedigree; extraction.
Breeding (3 Occurrences)
Genesis 30:41 It happened, whenever the stronger of the flock conceived, that Jacob laid the rods before the eyes of the flock in the gutters, that they might conceive among the rods; (See RSV)
Esther 8:10 And he wrote in the name of king Ahasuerus, and sealed it with the king's ring, and sent letters by couriers on horseback riding on coursers, horses of blood reared in the breeding studs: (DBY)
Zephaniah 2:9 Therefore as I live, saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Surely Moab shall be as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrah, even the breeding of nettles, and saltpits, and a perpetual desolation: the residue of my people shall spoil them, and the remnant of my people shall possess them. (KJV JPS WBS)