|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A species of the genus Bos or Bubalus (B. bubalus), originally from India, but now found in most of the warmer countries of the eastern continent. It is larger and less docile than the common ox, and is fond of marshy places and rivers.
2. (n.) A very large and savage species of the same genus (B. Caffer) found in South Africa; -- called also Cape buffalo.
3. (n.) Any species of wild ox.
4. (n.) The bison of North America.
5. (n.) A buffalo robe. See Buffalo robe, below.
6. (n.) The buffalo fish. See Buffalo fish, below.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
Buffalo (5 Occurrences)
Numbers 23:22 God brought him out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of a buffalo. (DBY)
Numbers 24:8 God brought him out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of a buffalo. He shall consume the nations his enemies, and break their bones, and with his arrows shall smite them in pieces. (DBY)
Job 39:9 Will the buffalo be willing to serve thee, or will he lodge by thy crib? (DBY)
Job 39:10 Canst thou bind the buffalo with his cord in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee? (DBY)
Psalms 29:6 And he maketh them to skip like a calf, Lebanon and Sirion like a young buffalo. (DBY)