|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A soft, earthy substance, of a white, grayish, or yellowish white color, consisting of calcium carbonate, and having the same composition as common limestone.
2. (n.) Finely prepared chalk, used as a drawing implement; also, by extension, a compound, as of clay and black lead, or the like, used in the same manner. See Crayon.
3. (v. t.) To rub or mark with chalk.
4. (v. t.) To manure with chalk, as land.
5. (v. t.) To make white, as with chalk; to make pale; to bleach.
Chalk (8 Occurrences)
Isaiah 27:9 Therefore, by this the iniquity of Jacob will be forgiven, and this is all the fruit of taking away his sin: that he makes all the stones of the altar as chalk stones that are beaten in pieces, so that the Asherim and the incense altars shall rise no more. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 33:12 And the peoples will be like the burning of chalk: as thorns cut down, which are burned in the fire. (BBE)
Isaiah 44:13 The worker in wood stretcheth out a line; he marketh it out with red chalk; he formeth it with sharp tools, and he marketh it out with the compass, and maketh it after the figure of a man, according to the beauty of man: that it may remain in the house. (DBY NAS)
Ezekiel 13:10 Because, even because, they did cause My people to err, Saying, Peace! and there is no peace, And that one is building a wall, And lo, they are daubing it with chalk. (YLT)
Ezekiel 13:11 Say to those daubing with chalk -- It falleth, There hath been an overflowing shower, And ye, O hailstones, do fall, And a tempestuous wind doth rend, (YLT)
Ezekiel 13:14 And I have broken down the wall that ye daubed with chalk, And have caused it to come unto the earth, And revealed hath been its foundation, And it hath fallen, And ye have been consumed in its midst, And ye have known that I 'am' Jehovah. (YLT)
Ezekiel 13:15 And I have completed My wrath on the wall, And on those daubing it with chalk, And I say to you: The wall is not, And those daubing it are not; (YLT)
Ezekiel 22:28 And its prophets have daubed for them with chalk, Seeing a vain thing, and divining for them a lie, Saying, 'Thus said the Lord Jehovah:' And Jehovah hath not spoken. (YLT)