|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To pursue for the purpose of killing or taking, as an enemy, or game; to hunt.
2. (v. t.) To follow as if to catch; to pursue; to compel to move on; to drive by following; to cause to fly; -- often with away or off; as, to chase the hens away.
3. (v. t.) To pursue eagerly, as hunters pursue game.
4. (v. i.) To give chase; to hunt; as, to chase around after a doctor.
5. (v.) Vehement pursuit for the purpose of killing or capturing, as of an enemy, or game; an earnest seeking after any object greatly desired; the act or habit of hunting; a hunt.
6. (v.) That which is pursued or hunted.
7. (n.) An open hunting ground to which game resorts, and which is private properly, thus differing from a forest, which is not private property, and from a park, which is enclosed.
8. (n.) A division of the floor of a gallery, marked by a figure or otherwise; the spot where a ball falls, and between which and the dedans the adversary must drive his ball in order to gain a point.
9. (n.) A rectangular iron frame in which pages or columns of type are imposed.
10. (n.) The part of a cannon from the reinforce or the trunnions to the swell of the muzzle. See Cannon.
11. (n.) A groove, or channel, as in the face of a wall; a trench, as for the reception of drain tile.
12. (n.) A kind of joint by which an overlap joint is changed to a flush joint, by means of a gradually deepening rabbet, as at the ends of clinker-built boats.
13. (v. t.) To ornament (a surface of metal) by embossing, cutting away parts, and the like.
14. (v. t.) To cut, so as to make a screw thread.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
Chase (14 Occurrences)
Matthew 23:34 "For this reason I am sending to you Prophets and wise men and Scribes. Some of them you will put to death--nay, crucify; some of them you will flog in your synagogues and chase from town to town; (WEY)
Exodus 14:4 I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will follow after them; and I will get honor over Pharaoh, and over all his armies; and the Egyptians shall know that I am Yahweh." They did so. (See NAS)
Leviticus 26:7 You shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV)
Leviticus 26:8 Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall chase ten thousand; and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Deuteronomy 32:30 How could one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, and Yahweh had delivered them up? (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Joshua 23:10 One man of you shall chase a thousand; for it is Yahweh your God who fights for you, as he spoke to you. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS)
Job 13:25 Will you harass a driven leaf? Will you pursue the dry stubble? (See NIV)
Job 18:11 Terrors shall make him afraid on every side, and shall chase him at his heels. (WEB ASV DBY RSV)
Job 30:15 Terrors have turned on me. They chase my honor as the wind. My welfare has passed away as a cloud. (WEB JPS ASV)
Psalms 35:5 Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them. (KJV WBS)
Proverbs 19:26 He that wasteth his father, and chaseth away his mother, is a son that causeth shame, and bringeth reproach. (Root in KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS RSV)
Isaiah 1:23 Your chiefs have gone against the Lord, they have become friends of thieves; every one of them is looking for profit and going after rewards; they do not give right decisions for the child who has no father, and they do not let the cause of the widow come before them. (See NAS NIV)
Jeremiah 49:19 Lo, as a lion he cometh up, Because of the rising of the Jordan, Unto the enduring habitation, But I cause to rest, I cause him to run from off her, And who is chosen? concerning her I lay a charge, For who is like Me? and who conveneth Me? And who 'is' this shepherd who standeth before Me? (See NIV)
Jeremiah 50:44 Lo, as a lion he cometh up, Because of the rising of the Jordan, Unto the enduring habitation, But I cause to rest, I cause them to run from off her. And who is chosen? on her I lay a charge, For who 'is' like Me? And who doth convene Me? And who 'is' this shepherd who standeth before Me? (See NIV)