|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) Pertaining to a city or state, or to a citizen in his relations to his fellow citizens or to the state; within the city or state.
2. (a.) Subject to government; reduced to order; civilized; not barbarous; -- said of the community.
3. (a.) Performing the duties of a citizen; obedient to government; -- said of an individual.
4. (a.) Having the manners of one dwelling in a city, as opposed to those of savages or rustics; polite; courteous; complaisant; affable.
5. (a.) Pertaining to civic life and affairs, in distinction from military, ecclesiastical, or official state.
6. (a.) Relating to rights and remedies sought by action or suit distinct from criminal proceedings.
Civil (4 Occurrences)
Matthew 12:25 Knowing their thoughts He said to them, "Every kingdom in which civil war has raged suffers desolation; and every city or house in which there is internal strife will be brought low. (WEY)
Mark 3:24 For if civil war breaks out in a kingdom, nothing can make that kingdom last; (WEY)
Luke 11:17 And, knowing their thoughts, He said to them, "Every kingdom in which civil war rages goes to ruin: family attacks family and is overthrown. (WEY)
Ephesians 2:19 You are therefore no longer mere foreigners or persons excluded from civil rights. On the contrary you share citizenship with God's people and are members of His family. (WEY)