|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To strike; to slap; to strike, or strike together, with a quick motion, so, as to make a sharp noise; as, to clap one's hands; a clapping of wings.
2. (v. t.) To thrust, drive, put, or close, in a hasty or abrupt manner; -- often followed by to, into, on, or upon.
3. (v. t.) To manifest approbation of, by striking the hands together; to applaud; as, to clap a performance.
4. (v. t.) To express contempt or derision.
5. (v. i.) To knock, as at a door.
6. (v. i.) To strike the hands together in applause.
7. (v. i.) To come together suddenly with noise.
8. (v. i.) To enter with alacrity and briskness; -- with to or into.
9. (v. i.) To talk noisily; to chatter loudly.
10. (n.) A loud noise made by sudden collision; a bang.
11. (n.) A burst of sound; a sudden explosion.
12. (n.) A single, sudden act or motion; a stroke; a blow.
13. (n.) A striking of hands to express approbation.
14. (n.) Noisy talk; chatter.
15. (n.) The nether part of the beak of a hawk.
16. (n.) Gonorrhea.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
An emphatic expression of joy, "They clapped their hands (nakhah), and said, Long live (the King James Version "God save") the king" (2 Kings 11:12); "Oh clap your hands (taqa`), all ye peoples" (Psalm 47:1); or exultation (caphaq, Lamentations 2:15; macha', Ezekiel 25:6; taqa`, Nahum 3:19); or repudiation (caphaq, Job 27:23; Job 34:37).
Figurative: To denote Nature's "sympathy" with God's people. "Let the floods clap (macha') their hands" (Psalm 98:8); "All the trees of the field shall clap their hands" (Isaiah 55:12; compare Judges 5:20).
Clap (11 Occurrences)
Job 21:5 Look at me, and be astonished. Lay your hand on your mouth. (See NIV)
Job 27:23 Men shall clap their hands at him, and shall hiss him out of his place. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Psalms 47:1 For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by the sons of Korah. Oh clap your hands, all you nations. Shout to God with the voice of triumph! (WEB KJV ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Psalms 98:8 Let the rivers clap their hands. Let the mountains sing for joy together. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Proverbs 30:32 If you have done foolishly in lifting yourself up, or if you have had evil designs, put your hand over your mouth. (See NIV)
Isaiah 55:12 For you shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing; and all the trees of the fields shall clap their hands. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Lamentations 2:15 All that pass by clap their hands at you. They hiss and wag their head at the daughter of Jerusalem, saying, Is this the city that men called The perfection of beauty, The joy of the whole earth? (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 6:11 Thus says the Lord Yahweh: Strike with your hand, and stamp with your foot, and say, Alas! because of all the evil abominations of the house of Israel; for they shall fall by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence. (See NAS RSV)
Ezekiel 21:17 I will also strike my hands together, and I will cause my wrath to rest: I, Yahweh, have spoken it. (See NAS RSV)
Daniel 4:35 and all who are dwelling on the earth as nothing are reckoned, and according to his will He is doing among the forces of the heavens and those dwelling on the earth, and there is none that doth clap with his hand, and saith to Him, What hast Thou done? (YLT)
Nahum 3:19 There is no healing your wound, for your injury is fatal. All who hear the report of you clap their hands over you; for who hasn't felt your endless cruelty? (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)