|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) Possessing quickness of intellect, skill, dexterity, talent, or adroitness; expert.
2. (a.) Showing skill or adroitness in the doer or former; as, a clever speech; a clever trick.
3. (a.) Having fitness, propriety, or suitableness.
4. (a.) Well-shaped; handsome.
5. (a.) Good-natured; obliging.
Clever (3 Occurrences)
1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, I will bring the discernment of the discerning to nothing." (See NAS RSV)
Isaiah 3:3 the captain of fifty, the honorable man, the counselor, the skilled craftsman, and the clever enchanter. (WEB DBY NIV)
Isaiah 5:21 Cursed are those who seem wise to themselves, and who take pride in their knowledge! (See NAS NIV)