|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To embrace, hence; to encompass.
2. (v. t.) To cut off; as with shears or scissors; as, to clip the hair; to clip coin.
3. (v. t.) To curtail; to cut short.
4. (v. i.) To move swiftly; -- usually with indefinite it.
5. (n.) An embrace.
6. (n.) A cutting; a shearing.
7. (n.) The product of a single shearing of sheep; a season's crop of wool.
8. (n.) A clasp or holder for letters, papers, etc.
9. (n.) An embracing strap for holding parts together; the iron strap, with loop, at the ends of a whiffletree.
10. (n.) A projecting flange on the upper edge of a horseshoe, turned up so as to embrace the lower part of the hoof; -- called also toe clip and beak.
11. (n.) A blow or stroke with the hand; as, he hit him a clip.
Clip (2 Occurrences)
Leviticus 19:27 "'You shall not cut the hair on the sides of your heads, neither shall you clip off the edge of your beard. (WEB NIV)
Jeremiah 9:26 Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all that have the corners of their hair cut off, who dwell in the wilderness; for all the nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in heart. (See NAS)