|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A heavy staff of wood, usually tapering, and wielded the hand; a weapon; a cudgel.
2. (n.) Any card of the suit of cards having a figure like the trefoil or clover leaf. (pl.) The suit of cards having such figure.
3. (n.) An association of persons for the promotion of some common object, as literature, science, politics, good fellowship, etc.; esp. an association supported by equal assessments or contributions of the members.
4. (n.) A joint charge of expense, or any person's share of it; a contribution to a common fund.
5. (v. t.) To beat with a club.
6. (v. t.) To throw, or allow to fall, into confusion.
7. (v. t.) To unite, or contribute, for the accomplishment of a common end; as, to club exertions.
8. (v. t.) To raise, or defray, by a proportional assessment; as, to club the expense.
9. (v. i.) To form a club; to combine for the promotion of some common object; to unite.
10. (v. i.) To pay on equal or proportionate share of a common charge or expense; to pay for something by contribution.
11. (v. i.) To drift in a current with an anchor out.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
See ARMOR, III, 1; SHEPHERD; STAFF.
Club (7 Occurrences)
2 Samuel 23:21 He killed an Egyptian, a goodly man: and the Egyptian had a spear in his hand; but he went down to him with a staff, and plucked the spear out of the Egyptian's hand, and killed him with his own spear. (See NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 11:23 He killed an Egyptian, a man of great stature, five cubits high; and in the Egyptian's hand was a spear like a weaver's beam; and he went down to him with a staff, and plucked the spear out of the Egyptian's hand, and killed him with his own spear. (See NAS NIV)
Proverbs 25:18 A man who gives false testimony against his neighbor is like a club, a sword, or a sharp arrow. (WEB NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 10:5 Ho! Assyrian, the rod of my wrath, the instrument of my punishment! (See NIV)
Isaiah 10:15 Will the axe say high-sounding words against him who is using it, or the blade be full of pride against him who is cutting with it? As if a rod had the power of shaking him who is using it, or as if a stick might take up him who is not wood. (See NAS NIV)
Isaiah 10:24 For this cause the Lord, the Lord of armies, says, O my people living in Zion, have no fear of the Assyrian, even if his rod comes on your back, and his stick is lifted up as in Egypt. (See NIV)
Jeremiah 51:20 You are my battle axe and weapons of war: and with you will I break in pieces the nations; and with you will I destroy kingdoms; (See NAS NIV)