|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A number of things of the same kind growing together; a bunch.
2. (n.) A number of similar things collected together or lying contiguous; a group; as, a cluster of islands.
3. (n.) A number of individuals grouped together or collected in one place; a crowd; a mob.
4. (v. i.) To grow in clusters or assemble in groups; to gather or unite in a cluster or clusters.
5. (v. t.) To collect into a cluster or clusters; to gather into a bunch or close body.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
(1) 'eshkol; compare proper name VALE OF ESHCOL. (which see), from root meaning "to bind together." A cluster or bunch of grapes (Genesis 40:10 Numbers 13:23 Isaiah 65:8 Songs 7:8 Micah 7:1, etc.); a cluster of henna flowers (Songs 1:14); a cluster of dates (Songs 7:7). "Their grapes are grapes of gall, their clusters are bitter." (Deuteronomy 32:32).
(2) botrus, "gather the clusters of the vine of the earth" (Revelation 14:18).
The "cluster of raisins" (tsimmuqim) of 1 Samuel 25:18; 1 Samuel 30:12, should rather be "raisin cakes" or "dried raisins."
E. W. G. Masterman
Cluster (6 Occurrences)
Numbers 13:23 They came to the valley of Eshcol, and cut down from there a branch with one cluster of grapes, and they bore it on a staff between two; they brought also of the pomegranates, and of the figs. (WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Numbers 13:24 That place was called the valley of Eshcol, because of the cluster which the children of Israel cut down from there. (WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Job 38:31 "Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades, or loosen the cords of Orion? (WEB ASV)
Song of Songs 1:14 My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms from the vineyards of En Gedi. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 65:8 Thus says Yahweh, "As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one says,'Don't destroy it, for a blessing is in it:' so will I do for my servants' sake, that I may not destroy them all. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Micah 7:1 Misery is mine! Indeed, I am like one who gathers the summer fruits, as gleanings of the vineyard: There is no cluster of grapes to eat. My soul desires to eat the early fig. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)