|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) Coming from, being on, or directed toward, the side; as, collateral pressure.
2. (a.) Acting in an indirect way.
3. (a.) Related to, but not strictly a part of, the main thing or matter under consideration; hence, subordinate; not chief or principal; as, collateral interest; collateral issues.
4. (a.) Tending toward the same conclusion or result as something else; additional; as, collateral evidence.
5. (a.) Descending from the same stock or ancestor, but not in the same line or branch or one from the other; -- opposed to lineal.
6. (n.) A collateral relative.
7. (n.) Collateral security; that which is pledged or deposited as collateral security.
Collateral (11 Occurrences)
Hebrews 7:22 By so much, Jesus has become the collateral of a better covenant. (WEB)
Genesis 43:9 I'll be collateral for him. From my hand will you require him. If I don't bring him to you, and set him before you, then let me bear the blame forever, (WEB)
Genesis 44:32 For your servant became collateral for the boy to my father, saying,'If I don't bring him to you, then I will bear the blame to my father forever.' (WEB)
Exodus 22:26 If you take your neighbor's garment as collateral, you shall restore it to him before the sun goes down, (WEB)
Job 17:3 "Now give a pledge, be collateral for me with yourself. Who is there who will strike hands with me? (WEB)
Proverbs 6:1 My son, if you have become collateral for your neighbor, if you have struck your hands in pledge for a stranger; (WEB)
Proverbs 11:15 He who is collateral for a stranger will suffer for it, but he who refuses pledges of collateral is secure. (WEB)
Proverbs 17:18 A man void of understanding strikes hands, and becomes collateral in the presence of his neighbor. (WEB)
Proverbs 20:16 Take the garment of one who puts up collateral for a stranger; and hold him in pledge for a wayward woman. (WEB)
Proverbs 22:26 Don't you be one of those who strike hands, of those who are collateral for debts. (WEB)
Proverbs 27:13 Take his garment when he puts up collateral for a stranger. Hold it for a wayward woman! (WEB)