|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) Strong; vigorous; valiant.
2. (a.) Serviceable; helpful.
3. (a.) Affording or imparting comfort or consolation; able to comfort; cheering; as, a comfortable hope.
4. (a.) In a condition of comfort; having comforts; not suffering or anxious; hence, contented; cheerful; as, to lead a comfortable life.
5. (a.) Free, or comparatively free, from pain or distress; -- used of a sick person.
6. (n.) A stuffed or quilted coverlet for a bed; a comforter; a comfort.
Comfortable (2 Occurrences)
2 Samuel 14:17 Then thine handmaid said, The word of my lord the king shall now be comfortable: for as an angel of God, so is my lord the king to discern good and bad: therefore the LORD thy God will be with thee. (KJV ASV DBY WBS)
Zechariah 1:13 And the LORD answered the angel that talked with me with good words and comfortable words. (KJV ASV YLT)