|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. i.) To share in common; to participate in.
2. (v. i.) To impart; to bestow; to convey; as, to communicate a disease or a sensation; to communicate motion by means of a crank.
3. (v. i.) To make known; to recount; to give; to impart; as, to communicate information to any one.
4. (v. i.) To administer the communion to.
5. (v. i.) To share or participate; to possess or enjoy in common; to have sympathy.
6. (v. i.) To give alms, sympathy, or aid.
7. (v. i.) To have intercourse or to be the means of intercourse; as, to communicate with another on business; to be connected; as, a communicating artery.
8. (v. i.) To partake of the Lord's supper; to commune.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
COMMUNE; COMMUNICATE; COMMUNICATION
ko-mun', komun'-i-kat, ko-mu-ni-ka'-shun: To commune is to converse confidentially and sympathetically. It is represented in both Hebrew and Greek by several words literally signifying to speak (compare Luke 6:11, dialaleo; also Luke 22:4 Acts 24:26, homileo). To communicate is to impart something to another, so that it becomes common to giver and receiver. In 1 Timothy 6:18, "willing to communicate" (the Revised Version, margin "sympathize"), represents a single word koinonikoi, and refers to the habit of sharing with others either sympathy or property. the Revised Version (British and American) gives "companionships" for homiliai in 1 Corinthians 15:33 (the King James Version "communications").
See also COMMUNION.
Communicate (7 Occurrences)
Galatians 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. (KJV ASV DBY WBS)
Philippians 4:14 Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction. (KJV WBS YLT)
Philippians 4:15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. (Root in KJV DBY WBS YLT)
1 Timothy 6:18 that they do good, that they be rich in good works, that they be ready to distribute, willing to communicate; (WEB KJV ASV DBY WBS YLT)
Hebrews 13:16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. (KJV ASV WBS)
Ezekiel 44:19 When they go forth into the outer court, even into the outer court to the people, they shall put off their garments in which they minister, and lay them in the holy chambers; and they shall put on other garments, that they not sanctify the people with their garments. (See RSV)
Ezekiel 46:20 He said to me, This is the place where the priests shall boil the trespass offering and the sin offering, and where they shall bake the meal offering; that they not bring them forth into the outer court, to sanctify the people. (See RSV)