|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) The act or art of composing, or forming a whole or integral, by placing together and uniting different things, parts, or ingredients.
2. (n.) The invention or combination of the parts of any literary work or discourse, or of a work of art; as, the composition of a poem or a piece of music.
3. (n.) The art or practice of so combining the different parts of a work of art as to produce a harmonious whole; also, a work of art considered as such. See below.
4. (n.) The act of writing for practice in a language, as English, Latin, German, etc.
5. (n.) The setting up of type and arranging it for printing.
6. (n.) The state of being put together or composed; conjunction; combination; adjustment.
7. (n.) A mass or body formed by combining two or more substances; as, a chemical composition.
8. (n.) A literary, musical, or artistic production, especially one showing study and care in arrangement; -- often used of an elementary essay or translation done as an educational exercise.
9. (n.) Consistency; accord; congruity.
10. (n.) Mutual agreement to terms or conditions for the settlement of a difference or controversy; also, the terms or conditions of settlement; agreement.
11. (n.) The adjustment of a debt, or avoidance of an obligation, by some form of compensation agreed on between the parties; also, the sum or amount of compensation agreed upon in the adjustment.
12. (n.) Synthesis as opposed to analysis.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
kom-po-zish'-un, kom'-pound (mathkoneth, "measure"); (subst.) (raqach, "to make perfume," roqach, "perfume"): Used of the sacred anointing oil (Exodus 30:25, 32, 33) and of the holy perfume (Exodus 30:37, 38), which were not to be used for any profane purpose.
Composition (2 Occurrences)
Exodus 30:32 It shall not be poured on man's flesh, neither shall you make any like it, according to its composition: it is holy. It shall be holy to you. (WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS RSV)
Exodus 30:37 The incense which you shall make, according to its composition you shall not make for yourselves: it shall be to you holy for Yahweh. (WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS RSV)