|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) In the East Indies, an enclosure containing a house, outbuildings, etc.
2. (v. t.) To form or make by combining different elements, ingredients, or parts; as, to compound a medicine.
3. (v. t.) To put together, as elements, ingredients, or parts, in order to form a whole; to combine, mix, or unite.
4. (v. t.) To modify or change by combination with some other thing or part; to mingle with something else.
5. (v. t.) To compose; to constitute.
6. (v. t.) To settle amicably; to adjust by agreement; to compromise; to discharge from obligation upon terms different from those which were stipulated; as, to compound a debt.
7. (v. i.) To effect a composition; to come to terms of agreement; to agree; to settle by a compromise; -- usually followed by with before the person participating, and for before the thing compounded or the consideration.
8. (v. t.) Composed of two or more elements, ingredients, parts; produced by the union of several ingredients, parts, or things; composite; as, a compound word.
9. (n.) That which is compounded or formed by the union or mixture of elements ingredients, or parts; a combination of simples; a compound word; the result of composition.
10. (n.) A union of two or more ingredients in definite proportions by weight, so combined as to form a distinct substance; as, water is a compound of oxygen and hydrogen.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
kom-po-zish'-un, kom'-pound (mathkoneth, "measure"); (subst.) (raqach, "to make perfume," roqach, "perfume"): Used of the sacred anointing oil (Exodus 30:25, 32, 33) and of the holy perfume (Exodus 30:37, 38), which were not to be used for any profane purpose.
Compound (3 Occurrences)
Exodus 30:25 You shall make it a holy anointing oil, a perfume compounded after the art of the perfumer: it shall be a holy anointing oil. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS YLT)
Exodus 30:35 and thou hast made it a perfume, a compound, work of a compounder, salted, pure, holy; (YLT)
Ezekiel 24:10 Make abundant the wood, Kindle the fire, consume the flesh, And make the compound, And let the bones be burnt. (YLT)