|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To cause to turn; to turn.
2. (v. t.) To change or turn from one state or condition to another; to alter in form, substance, or quality; to transform; to transmute; as, to convert water into ice.
3. (v. t.) To change or turn from one belief or course to another, as from one religion to another or from one party or sect to another.
4. (v. t.) To produce the spiritual change called conversion in (any one); to turn from a bad life to a good one; to change the heart and moral character of (any one) from the controlling power of sin to that of holiness.
5. (v. t.) To apply to any use by a diversion from the proper or intended use; to appropriate dishonestly or illegally.
6. (v. t.) To exchange for some specified equivalent; as, to convert goods into money.
7. (v. t.) To change (one proposition) into another, so that what was the subject of the first becomes the predicate of the second.
8. (v. t.) To turn into another language; to translate.
9. (v. i.) To be turned or changed in character or direction; to undergo a change, physically or morally.
10. (n.) A person who is converted from one opinion or practice to another; a person who is won over to, or heartily embraces, a creed, religious system, or party, in which he has not previously believed; especially, one who turns from the controlling power of sin to that of holiness, or from unbelief to Christianity.
11. (n.) A lay friar or brother, permitted to enter a monastery for the service of the house, but without orders, and not allowed to sing in the choir.
Convert (6 Occurrences)
Matthew 23:15 "Alas for you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for you scour sea and land in order to win one convert--and when he is gained, you make him twice as much a son of Gehenna as yourselves. (WEY NIV)
Acts 6:5 These words pleased the whole multitude. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolaus, a proselyte of Antioch; (See NIV)
Romans 16:5 Greetings, too, to the Church that meets at their house. Greetings to my dear Epaenetus, who was the earliest convert to Christ in the province of Asia; (WEY NAS RSV NIV)
1 Timothy 3:6 not a new convert, lest being puffed up he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. (WEB WEY YLT NAS RSV NIV)
James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; (KJV ASV WBS)
Isaiah 6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. (KJV DBY WBS)