|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A covering for the head.
2. (n.) Anything regarded as extended over the head, as the arch or concave of the sky, the roof of a house, the arch over a door.
3. (n.) An ecclesiastical vestment or cloak, semicircular in form, reaching from the shoulders nearly to the feet, and open in front except at the top, where it is united by a band or clasp. It is worn in processions and on some other occasions.
4. (n.) An ancient tribute due to the lord of the soil, out of the lead mines in Derbyshire, England.
5. (n.) The top part of a flask or mold; the outer part of a loam mold.
6. (v. i.) To form a cope or arch; to bend or arch; to bow.
7. (v. t.) To pare the beak or talons of (a hawk).
8. (v. i.) To exchange or barter.
9. (v. i.) To encounter; to meet; to have to do with.
10. (v. i.) To enter into or maintain a hostile contest; to struggle; to combat; especially, to strive or contend on equal terms or with success; to match; to equal; -- usually followed by with.
11. (v. t.) To bargain for; to buy.
12. (v. t.) To make return for; to requite; to repay.
13. (v. t.) To match one's self against; to meet; to encounter.
Cope (1 Occurrence)
Acts 6:10 They weren't able to withstand the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke. (See NAS)