|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) An abundance or plenty of anything.
2. (n.) An imitation, transcript, or reproduction of an original work; as, a copy of a letter, an engraving, a painting, or a statue.
3. (n.) An individual book, or a single set of books containing the works of an author; as, a copy of the Bible; a copy of the works of Addison.
4. (n.) That which is to be imitated, transcribed, or reproduced; a pattern, model, or example; as, his virtues are an excellent copy for imitation.
5. (n.) Manuscript or printed matter to be set up in type; as, the printers are calling for more copy.
6. (n.) A writing paper of a particular size. Same as Bastard. See under Paper.
7. (n.) Copyhold; tenure; lease.
8. (n.) To make a copy or copies of; to write; print, engrave, or paint after an original; to duplicate; to reproduce; to transcribe; as, to copy a manuscript, inscription, design, painting, etc.; -- often with out, sometimes with off.
9. (n.) To imitate; to attempt to resemble, as in manners or course of life.
10. (v. i.) To make a copy or copies; to imitate.
11. (v. i.) To yield a duplicate or transcript; as, the letter did not copy well.
Copy (18 Occurrences)
Hebrews 8:5 who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, even as Moses was warned by God when he was about to make the tabernacle, for he said, "See, you shall make everything according to the pattern that was shown to you on the mountain." (WEB WEY ASV BBE NAS RSV NIV)
Hebrews 9:24 For not into a Holy place built by men's hands--a mere copy of the reality--did Christ enter, but He entered Heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. (WEY BBE NAS RSV NIV)
Hebrews 10:1 For the law, being only a poor copy of the future good things, and not the true image of those things, is never able to make the people who come to the altar every year with the same offerings completely clean. (BBE)
Deuteronomy 17:18 It shall be, when he sits on the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book, out of that which is before the priests the Levites: (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Joshua 8:32 He wrote there on the stones a copy of the law of Moses, which he wrote in the presence of the children of Israel. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV)
Joshua 22:28 For we said to ourselves, If they say this to us or to future generations, then we will say, See this copy of the Lord's altar which our fathers made, not for burned offerings or offerings of beasts, but for a witness between us and you. (BBE NAS RSV)
2 Kings 11:12 Then he brought out the king's son, and put the crown on him, and gave him the testimony; and they made him king, and anointed him; and they clapped their hands, and said, "Long live the king!" (See NIV)
2 Kings 16:10 Then King Ahaz went to Damascus for a meeting with Tiglath-pileser, king of Assyria; and there he saw the altar which was at Damascus; and King Ahaz sent to Urijah the priest a copy of the altar, giving the design of it and all the details of its structure. (BBE)
2 Kings 16:11 And from the copy King Ahaz sent from Damascus, Urijah made an altar and had it ready by the time King Ahaz came back from Damascus. (BBE)
2 Chronicles 23:11 Then they brought out the king's son, and put the crown on him, and gave him the testimony, and made him king: and Jehoiada and his sons anointed him; and they said, Long live the king. (See NIV)
Ezra 4:11 This is the copy of the letter that they sent to Artaxerxes the king: Your servants the men beyond the River, and so forth. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Ezra 4:23 Then when the copy of king Artaxerxes' letter was read before Rehum, and Shimshai the scribe, and their companions, they went in haste to Jerusalem to the Jews, and made them to cease by force and power. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Ezra 5:6 The copy of the letter that Tattenai, the governor beyond the River, and Shetharbozenai, and his companions the Apharsachites, who were beyond the River, sent to Darius the king; (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Ezra 7:11 Now this is the copy of the letter that the king Artaxerxes gave to Ezra the priest, the scribe, even the scribe of the words of the commandments of Yahweh, and of his statutes to Israel: (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Esther 3:14 A copy of the letter, that the decree should be given out in every province, was published to all the peoples, that they should be ready against that day. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Esther 4:8 He also gave him the copy of the writing of the decree that was given out in Shushan to destroy them, to show it to Esther, and to declare it to her, and to urge her to go in to the king, to make supplication to him, and to make request before him, for her people. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Esther 8:13 A copy of the letter, that the decree should be given out in every province, was published to all the peoples, that the Jews should be ready for that day to avenge themselves on their enemies. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Jeremiah 32:11 So I took the paper witnessing the business, one copy rolled up and stamped, and one copy open: (BBE NAS RSV NIV)