|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) Set right, or made straight; hence, conformable to truth, rectitude, or propriety, or to a just standard; not faulty or imperfect; free from error; as, correct behavior; correct views.
2. (v. t.) To make right; to bring to the standard of truth, justice, or propriety; to rectify; as, to correct manners or principles.
3. (v. t.) To remove or retrench the faults or errors of; to amend; to set right; as, to correct the proof (that is, to mark upon the margin the changes to be made, or to make in the type the changes so marked).
4. (v. t.) To bring back, or attempt to bring back, to propriety in morals; to reprove or punish for faults or deviations from moral rectitude; to chastise; to discipline; as, a child should be corrected for lying.
5. (v. t.) To counteract the qualities of one thing by those of another; -- said of whatever is wrong or injurious; as, to correct the acidity of the stomach by alkaline preparations.
Correct (14 Occurrences)
2 Timothy 4:2 preach the word; be urgent in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with all patience and teaching. (See NIV)
2 Samuel 7:14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men; (See NAS)
Job 6:26 Do you intend to reprove words, seeing that the speeches of one who is desperate are as wind? (See NIV)
Job 40:2 "Shall he who argues contend with the Almighty? He who argues with God, let him answer it." (See NIV)
Psalms 39:11 When you rebuke and correct man for iniquity, You consume his wealth like a moth. Surely every man is but a breath." Selah. (WEB KJV ASV DBY WBS YLT)
Psalms 94:10 He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know? (KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS)
Psalms 141:5 Let the righteous smite me, it shall be a kindness; And let him reprove me, it shall be as oil upon the head; Let not my head refuse it: For even in their wickedness shall my prayer continue. (See JPS)
Proverbs 29:17 Correct your son, and he will give you peace; yes, he will bring delight to your soul. (WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS NAS)
Isaiah 1:17 Take pleasure in well-doing; let your ways be upright, keep down the cruel, give a right decision for the child who has no father, see to the cause of the widow. (See RSV)
Jeremiah 2:19 Your own wickedness shall correct you, and your backsliding shall reprove you: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and a bitter, that you have forsaken Yahweh your God, and that my fear is not in you, says the Lord, Yahweh of Armies. (WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS NAS)
Jeremiah 10:24 Yahweh, correct me, but in measure: not in your anger, lest you bring me to nothing. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Jeremiah 30:11 For I am with you, says Yahweh, to save you: for I will make a full end of all the nations where I have scattered you, but I will not make a full end of you; but I will correct you in measure, and will in no way leave you unpunished. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS)
Jeremiah 46:28 Don't you be afraid, O Jacob my servant, says Yahweh; for I am with you: for I will make a full end of all the nations where I have driven you; but I will not make a full end of you, but I will correct you in measure, and will in no way leave you unpunished. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS)
Habakkuk 1:12 Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction. (Root in KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS)