|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) Fabricated in imitation of something else, with a view to defraud by passing the false copy for genuine or original; as, counterfeit antiques; counterfeit coin.
2. (adj.) Having a false resemblance to something else; portrayed.
3. (adv.) Assuming the appearance of something; false; spurious; deceitful; hypocritical; as, a counterfeit philanthropist.
4. (n.) That which resembles or is like another thing; a likeness; a portrait; a counterpart.
5. (n.) That which is made in imitation of something, with a view to deceive by passing the false for the true; as, the bank note was a counterfeit.
6. (n.) One who pretends to be what he is not; one who personates another; an impostor; a cheat.
7. (v. t.) To imitate, or put on a semblance of; to mimic; as, to counterfeit the voice of another person.
8. (v. t.) To imitate with a view to deceiving, by passing the copy for that which is original or genuine; to forge; as, to counterfeit the signature of another, coins, notes, etc.
9. (v. i.) To carry on a deception; to dissemble; to feign; to pretend.
10. (v. i.) To make counterfeits.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
koun'-ter-fit (kibdelos, anatupoo, homoioo): "Counterfeit" occurs as the translation of kibdelos, "mixed with dross," "not genuine" (The Wisdom of Solomon 15:9, "to make counterfeit things," the Revised Version (British and American) "mouldeth counterfeits," "spurious things, imitations"); 2:16 the Revised Version (British and American) "base metal" (compare Septuagint Leviticus 19:19 Deuteronomy 22:11, "mingled garment," and 2 Corinthians 13:5, 6, adokimos, "reprobate" (silver)). "Counterfeit" in the older sense of a representation occurs in The Wisdom of Solomon 14:17 (anatupoo, "to make a likeness"), "counterfeit of his visage," the Revised Version (British and American) "imagining the likeness from afar," and Ecclesiasticus 38:27 (homoioo, "to make like"), "to counterfeit imagery," the Revised Version (British and American) "to preserve likeness in his portraiture."
W. L. Walker
Counterfeit (3 Occurrences)
2 Thessalonians 2:9 even he whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, (See NIV)
2 Timothy 3:8 Even as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so do these also oppose the truth; men corrupted in mind, reprobate concerning the faith. (See RSV)
1 John 2:27 As for you, the anointing which you received from him remains in you, and you don't need for anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is no lie, and even as it taught you, you will remain in him. (See NIV)