|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To break or burst, with or without entire separation of the parts; as, to crack glass; to crack nuts.
2. (v. t.) To rend with grief or pain; to affect deeply with sorrow; hence, to disorder; to distract; to craze.
3. (v. t.) To cause to sound suddenly and sharply; to snap; as, to crack a whip.
4. (v. t.) To utter smartly and sententiously; as, to crack a joke.
5. (v. t.) To cry up; to extol; -- followed by up.
6. (v. i.) To burst or open in chinks; to break, with or without quite separating into parts.
7. (v. i.) To be ruined or impaired; to fail.
8. (v. i.) To utter a loud or sharp, sudden sound.
9. (v. i.) To utter vain, pompous words; to brag; to boast; -- with of.
10. (n.) A partial separation of parts, with or without a perceptible opening; a chink or fissure; a narrow breach; a crevice; as, a crack in timber, or in a wall, or in glass.
11. (n.) Rupture; flaw; breach, in a moral sense.
12. (n.) A sharp, sudden sound or report; the sound of anything suddenly burst or broken; as, the crack of a falling house; the crack of thunder; the crack of a whip.
13. (n.) The tone of voice when changed at puberty.
14. (n.) Mental flaw; a touch of craziness; partial insanity; as, he has a crack.
15. (n.) A crazy or crack-brained person.
16. (n.) A boast; boasting.
17. (n.) Breach of chastity.
18. (n.) A boy, generally a pert, lively boy.
19. (n.) A brief time; an instant; as, to be with one in a crack.
20. (n.) Free conversation; friendly chat.
21. (a.) of superior excellence; having qualities to be boasted of.
Crack (5 Occurrences)
Judges 15:8 And he made an attack on them, driving them in uncontrolled flight, and causing great destruction; then he went away to his safe place in the crack of the rock at Etam. (BBE)
Judges 15:11 Then three thousand of the men of Judah went down to the crack of the rock of Etam, and said to Samson, Is it not clear to you that the Philistines are our rulers? What is this you have done to us? And he said to them, I only did to them as they did to me. (BBE)
Judges 15:19 Then God made a crack in the hollow rock in Lehi and water came out of it; and after drinking, his spirit came back to him and he was strong again; so that place was named En-hakkore; it is in Lehi to this day. (BBE)
Isaiah 30:13 This sin will be to you like a crack in a high wall, causing its fall suddenly and in a minute. (BBE NIV)
Nahum 3:2 The crack of the whip, and the noise of the rattling of the wheels, and of the prancing horses, and of the bounding chariots! (DBY RSV NIV)