|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To move along the ground, or on any other surface, on the belly, as a worm or reptile; to move as a child on the hands and knees; to crawl.
2. (v. t.) To move slowly, feebly, or timorously, as from unwillingness, fear, or weakness.
3. (v. t.) To move in a stealthy or secret manner; to move imperceptibly or clandestinely; to steal in; to insinuate itself or one's self; as, age creeps upon us.
4. (v. t.) To slip, or to become slightly displaced.
5. (v. t.) To move or behave with servility or exaggerated humility; to fawn; as, a creeping sycophant.
6. (v. t.) To grow, as a vine, clinging to the ground or to some other support by means of roots or rootlets, or by tendrils, along its length.
7. (v. t.) To have a sensation as of insects creeping on the skin of the body; to crawl; as, the sight made my flesh creep. See Crawl, v. i., 4.
8. (v. i.) To drag in deep water with creepers, as for recovering a submarine cable.
9. (n.) The act or process of creeping.
10. (n.) A distressing sensation, or sound, like that occasioned by the creeping of insects.
11. (n.) A slow rising of the floor of a gallery, occasioned by the pressure of incumbent strata upon the pillars or sides; a gradual movement of mining ground.
Creep (8 Occurrences)
2 Timothy 3:6 For of these are those who creep into houses, and take captive gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, (WEB KJV ASV WBS)
Genesis 8:17 Bring forth with you every living thing that is with you of all flesh, including birds, livestock, and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, that they may breed abundantly in the earth, and be fruitful, and multiply on the earth." (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV)
Leviticus 11:20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you. (KJV ASV WBS)
Leviticus 11:29 "'These are they which are unclean to you among the creeping things that creep on the earth: the weasel, the rat, any kind of great lizard, (Root in WEB KJV ASV WBS)
Leviticus 11:31 These are they which are unclean to you among all that creep. Whoever touches them when they are dead, shall be unclean until the evening. (WEB KJV ASV WBS)
Leviticus 11:42 Whatever goes on its belly, and whatever goes on all fours, or whatever has many feet, even all creeping things that creep on the earth, them you shall not eat; for they are an abomination. (Root in WEB KJV ASV WBS)
Psalms 104:20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth. (KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT RSV)
Ezekiel 38:20 so that the fish of the sea, and the birds of the sky, and the animals of the field, and all creeping things who creep on the earth, and all the men who are on the surface of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV)