|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A staff with a crosspiece at the head, to be placed under the arm or shoulder, to support the lame or infirm in walking.
2. (n.) A form of pommel for a woman's saddle, consisting of a forked rest to hold the leg of the rider.
3. (n.) A knee, or piece of knee timber
4. (n.) A forked stanchion or post; a crotch. See Crotch.
5. (v. t.) To support on crutches; to prop up.
Crutch (1 Occurrence)
2 Samuel 3:29 Let it fall on the head of Joab, and on all his father's house. Let there not fail from the house of Joab one who has an issue, or who is a leper, or who leans on a staff, or who falls by the sword, or who lacks bread." (See NIV)