|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v.) To make dark or black; to deprive of light; to obscure; as, a darkened room.
2. (v.) To render dim; to deprive of vision.
3. (v.) To cloud, obscure, or perplex; to render less clear or intelligible.
4. (v.) To cast a gloom upon.
5. (v.) To make foul; to sully; to tarnish.
6. (v. i.) To grow or darker.
Darken (3 Occurrences)
Ezekiel 32:7 And when I put out your life, the heaven will be covered and its stars made dark; I will let the sun be covered with a cloud and the moon will not give her light. (See NAS NIV)
Ezekiel 32:8 All luminaries of light in the heavens, I make black over thee, And I have given darkness over thy land, An affirmation of the Lord Jehovah, (See NAS NIV)
Amos 8:9 It will happen in that day," says the Lord Yahweh, "that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS RSV NIV)