|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) The act of delivering from restraint; rescue; release; liberation; as, the delivery of a captive from his dungeon.
2. (n.) The act of delivering up or over; surrender; transfer of the body or substance of a thing; distribution; as, the delivery of a fort, of hostages, of a criminal, of goods, of letters.
3. (n.) The act or style of utterance; manner of speaking; as, a good delivery; a clear delivery.
4. (n.) The act of giving birth; parturition; the expulsion or extraction of a fetus and its membranes.
5. (n.) The act of exerting one's strength or limbs.
6. (n.) The act or manner of delivering a ball; as, the pitcher has a swift delivery.
Delivery (8 Occurrences)
Acts 6:2 So the Twelve called together the general body of the disciples and said, "It does not seem fitting that we Apostles should neglect the delivery of God's Message and minister at tables. (WEY)
Acts 6:4 But, as for us, we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the delivery of the Message." (WEY)
Revelation 12:2 She was with child. She cried out in pain, laboring to give birth. (See RSV)
Genesis 38:27 And it came to pass at the time of her delivery, that behold, twins were in her womb. (DBY RSV)
Exodus 1:16 and he said, "When you perform the duty of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them on the birth stool; if it is a son, then you shall kill him; but if it is a daughter, then she shall live." (See NIV)
1 Samuel 4:19 And his daughter-in-law, Phinehas' wife, was with child, near to be delivered; and when she heard the tidings that the ark of God was taken, and that her father-in-law and her husband were dead, she bowed herself and brought forth; for her pains came suddenly upon her. (See NIV)
Isaiah 26:17 Like as a woman with child, who draws near the time of her delivery, is in pain and cries out in her pangs; so we have been before you, Yahweh. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS)
Isaiah 66:9 Will I by whom the birth was started, not make it complete? says the Lord. Will I who make children come to birth, let them be kept back? says your God. (See NAS NIV)