|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. i.) To hang down; to be sustained by being fastened or attached to something above.
2. (v. i.) To hang in suspense; to be pending; to be undetermined or undecided; as, a cause depending in court.
3. (v. i.) To rely for support; to be conditioned or contingent; to be connected with anything, as a cause of existence, or as a necessary condition; -- followed by on or upon, formerly by of.
4. (v. i.) To trust; to rest with confidence; to rely; to confide; to be certain; -- with on or upon; as, we depend on the word or assurance of our friends; we depend on the mail at the usual hour.
5. (v. i.) To serve; to attend; to act as a dependent or retainer.
6. (v. i.) To impend.
Depend (12 Occurrences)
Matthew 22:40 The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments." (WEB NAS RSV)
Romans 9:16 And from this we learn that everything is dependent not on man's will or endeavour, but upon God who has mercy. For the Scripture said to Pharaoh, (Root in WEY NAS RSV NIV)
2 Kings 18:21 Now, behold, you trust in the staff of this bruised reed, even in Egypt. If a man leans on it, it will go into his hand, and pierce it. So is Pharaoh king of Egypt to all who trust on him. (See NIV)
2 Kings 19:10 'Thus you shall speak to Hezekiah king of Judah, saying, "Don't let your God in whom you trust deceive you, saying, Jerusalem will not be given into the hand of the king of Assyria. (See NIV)
Job 39:11 Will you trust him, because his strength is great? Or will you leave to him your labor? (See RSV)
Psalms 49:6 They depend upon their wealth, and boast themselves in the abundance of their riches. ... (DBY)
Psalms 62:7 With God is my salvation and my honor. The rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. (See NIV)
Isaiah 22:11 And you made a place between the two walls for storing the waters of the old pool: but you gave no thought to him who had done this, and were not looking to him by whom it had been purposed long before. (See NAS)
Isaiah 30:12 Therefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel: Because ye reject this word, and confide in oppression and wilfulness, and depend thereon, (DBY NIV)
Isaiah 31:1 Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help, and depend on horses, and confide in chariots because they are many, and in horsemen because they are very strong; and who look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek Jehovah! (DBY)
Isaiah 36:6 See, you are basing your hope on that broken rod of Egypt, which will go into a man's hand if he makes use of it for a support; for so is Pharaoh, king of Egypt, to all who put their faith in him. (See NIV)
Isaiah 37:10 This is what you are to say to Hezekiah, king of Judah: Let not your God, in whom is your faith, give you a false hope, saying, Jerusalem will not be given into the hands of the king of Assyria. (See NIV)