|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (imp. & p. p.) of Depress.
2. (a.) Pressed or forced down; lowed; sunk; dejected; dispirited; sad; humbled.
3. (a.) Concave on the upper side; -- said of a leaf whose disk is lower than the border.
4. (a.) Lying flat; -- said of a stem or leaf which lies close to the ground.
5. (a.) Having the vertical diameter shorter than the horizontal or transverse; -- said of the bodies of animals, or of parts of the bodies.
Depressed (4 Occurrences)
Matthew 26:37 And taking with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, he began to be sorrowful and deeply depressed. (DBY)
2 Corinthians 7:6 But He who comforts the depressed--even God-- comforted us by the coming of Titus, and not by his coming only, (WEY NAS)
2 Samuel 13:4 He said to him, "Why, son of the king, are you so sad from day to day? Won't you tell me?" Amnon said to him, "I love Tamar, my brother Absalom's sister." (See NAS)
Psalms 38:6 I am depressed; I am bowed down beyond measure; I go mourning all the day. (DBY)