|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) The act of depressing.
2. (n.) The state of being depressed; a sinking.
3. (n.) A falling in of the surface; a sinking below its true place; a cavity or hollow; as, roughness consists in little protuberances and depressions.
4. (n.) Humiliation; abasement, as of pride.
5. (n.) Dejection; despondency; lowness.
6. (n.) Diminution, as of trade, etc.; inactivity; dullness.
7. (n.) The angular distance of a celestial object below the horizon.
8. (n.) The operation of reducing to a lower degree; -- said of equations.
9. (n.) A method of operating for cataract; couching. See Couch, v. t., 8.
Depression (1 Occurrence)
2 Corinthians 2:4 For with many tears I write to you, and in deep suffering and depression of spirit, not in order to grieve you, but in the hope of showing you how brimful my heart is with love for you. (WEY)