|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) The act of differing; the state or measure of being different or unlike; distinction; dissimilarity; unlikeness; variation; as, a difference of quality in paper; a difference in degrees of heat, or of light; what is the difference between the innocent and the guilty?
2. (n.) Disagreement in opinion; dissension; controversy; quarrel; hence, cause of dissension; matter in controversy.
3. (n.) That by which one thing differs from another; that which distinguishes or causes to differ; mark of distinction; characteristic quality; specific attribute.
4. (n.) Choice; preference.
5. (n.) An addition to a coat of arms to distinguish the bearings of two persons, which would otherwise be the same. See Augmentation, and Marks of cadency, under Cadency.
6. (n.) The quality or attribute which is added to those of the genus to constitute a species; a differentia.
7. (n.) The quantity by which one quantity differs from another, or the remainder left after subtracting the one from the other.
8. (v. t.) To cause to differ; to make different; to mark as different; to distinguish.
Difference (19 Occurrences)
Acts 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. (KJV WEY DBY WBS YLT)
Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: (KJV DBY WBS YLT NIV)
Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. (KJV DBY WBS YLT NIV)
Romans 14:23 and he who is making a difference, if he may eat, hath been condemned, because 'it is' not of faith; and all that 'is' not of faith is sin. (YLT)
1 Corinthians 7:34 There is also a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world-how she may please her husband. (WEB KJV WEY DBY WBS)
1 Corinthians 14:7 yet the things without life giving sound -- whether pipe or harp -- if a difference in the sounds they may not give, how shall be known that which is piped or that which is harped? (YLT)
Galatians 2:6 But from those who were reputed to be important (whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God doesn't show partiality to man)-they, I say, who were respected imparted nothing to me, (WEB DBY YLT NAS RSV NIV)
James 2:4 have ye not made a difference among yourselves, and become judges having evil thoughts? (DBY)
Jude 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference: (KJV DBY WBS)
Exodus 11:7 But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel. (KJV JPS WBS)
Leviticus 10:10 And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean; (KJV JPS DBY WBS)
Leviticus 11:47 To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten. (KJV JPS DBY WBS)
Leviticus 20:25 Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. (KJV)
2 Samuel 19:35 I am this day eighty years old. Can I discern between good and bad? Can your servant taste what I eat or what I drink? Can I hear any more the voice of singing men and singing women? Why then should your servant be yet a burden to my lord the king? (See NIV)
2 Chronicles 12:8 But still they will become his servants, so that they may see how different my yoke is from the yoke of the kingdoms of the lands. (See NAS NIV)
2 Chronicles 14:11 And Asa cried unto Jehovah his God, and said, Jehovah, it maketh no difference to thee to help, whether there be much or no power: help us, O Jehovah our God, for we rely on thee, and in thy name have we come against this multitude. Jehovah, thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee. (DBY)
Ezekiel 22:26 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them. (KJV JPS DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 44:23 They shall teach my people the difference between the holy and the common, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Jonah 4:11 Shouldn't I be concerned for Nineveh, that great city, in which are more than one hundred twenty thousand persons who can't discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much livestock?" (See NAS)