|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (superl.) Defiled with dirt; foul; nasty; filthy; not clean or pure; serving to defile; as, dirty hands; dirty water; a dirty white.
2. (superl.) Sullied; clouded; -- applied to color.
3. (superl.) Sordid; base; groveling; as, a dirty fellow.
4. (superl.) Sleety; gusty; stormy; as, dirty weather.
5. (v. t.) To foul; to make filthy; to soil; as, to dirty the clothes or hands.
6. (v. t.) To tarnish; to sully; to scandalize; -- said of reputation, character, etc.
Dirty (9 Occurrences)
James 1:21 For this reason, putting away all dirty behaviour and the overweight of evil, take into your souls without pride the word which, being planted there, is able to give you salvation. (BBE)
James 2:2 For if a man comes into your Synagogue in fair clothing and with a gold ring, and a poor man comes in with dirty clothing, (BBE NAS)
2 Peter 2:22 They are an example of that true saying, The dog has gone back to the food it had put out, and the pig which had been washed to its rolling in the dirty earth. (BBE)
Proverbs 25:26 Like a troubled fountain and a dirty spring, is an upright man who has to give way before evil-doers. (BBE)
Song of Songs 5:3 I have put off my coat; how may I put it on? My feet are washed; how may I make them unclean? (See NAS)
Isaiah 64:5 For we have all become like an unclean person, and all our good acts are like a dirty robe: and we have all become old like a dead leaf, and our sins, like the wind, take us away. (BBE)
Ezekiel 32:2 Son of man, make a song of grief for Pharaoh, king of Egypt, and say to him, Young lion of the nations, destruction has come on you; and you were like a sea-beast in the seas, sending out bursts of water, troubling the waters with your feet, making their streams dirty. (BBE)
Ezekiel 34:18 Does it seem a small thing to you to have taken your food on good grass-land while the rest of your grass-land is stamped down under your feet? and that after drinking from clear waters you make the rest of the waters dirty with your feet? (BBE)
Ezekiel 34:19 And as for my sheep, their food is the grass which has been stamped on by your feet, and their drink the water which has been made dirty by your feet. (BBE)