|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To break to pieces; to shatter.
2. (v. t.) To break up; to disperse; to scatter; to dissipate; to drive away; -- said especially of tumors.
3. (v. t.) To shake; to put away; to finish.
4. (v. t.) To examine in detail or by disputation; to reason upon by presenting favorable and adverse considerations; to debate; to sift; to investigate; to ventilate.
5. (v. t.) To deal with, in eating or drinking.
6. (v. t.) To examine or search thoroughly; to exhaust a remedy against, as against a principal debtor before proceeding against the surety.
Discuss (8 Occurrences)
Matthew 16:7 They reasoned among themselves, saying, "We brought no bread." (See NAS RSV NIV)
Matthew 16:8 Jesus, perceiving it, said, "Why do you reason among yourselves, you of little faith,'because you have brought no bread?' (See NAS RSV NIV)
Mark 8:16 They reasoned with one another, saying, "It's because we have no bread." (See NAS RSV NIV)
Mark 8:17 He perceived what they were saying, and He said to them, "What is this discussion of yours about having no bread? Do you not yet see and understand? Are your minds so dull of comprehension? (Root in WEY NAS RSV NIV)
Luke 6:11 But they were filled with madness, and began to discuss with one another what they should do to Jesus. (WEY NAS RSV NIV)
Luke 22:23 Thereupon they began to discuss with one another which of them it could possibly be who was about to do this. (WEY NAS)
Hebrews 9:5 and above it cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat, of which things we can't speak now in detail. (See NIV)
Jeremiah 12:1 You are righteous, Yahweh, when I contend with you; yet I would reason the cause with you: why does the way of the wicked prosper? why are all they at ease who deal very treacherously? (See NAS)