|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A feeling of contempt and aversion; the regarding anything as unworthy of or beneath one; scorn.
2. (v. t.) That which is worthy to be disdained or regarded with contempt and aversion.
3. (n.) The state of being despised; shame.
4. (v. t.) To think unworthy; to deem unsuitable or unbecoming; as, to disdain to do a mean act.
5. (v. t.) To reject as unworthy of one's self, or as not deserving one's notice; to look with scorn upon; to scorn, as base acts, character, etc.
6. (v. i.) To be filled with scorn; to feel contemptuous anger; to be haughty.
Disdain (6 Occurrences)
Ezekiel 16:57 before thy wickedness was uncovered, as at the time of the reproach of the daughters of Syria, and of all that are round about her, the daughters of the Philistines, that do despite unto thee round about. (See JPS)
Ezekiel 25:6 For thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Because thou hast clapped thy hands, and stamped with the feet, and rejoiced with all the despite of thy soul against the land of Israel; (See JPS)
Ezekiel 25:15 Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Because the Philistines have dealt by revenge, and have taken vengeance with despite of soul to destroy with perpetual enmity; (See JPS)
Ezekiel 28:24 And there shall be no more a pricking brier unto the house of Israel, nor a hurting thorn of any that are round about them, that did despite unto them; and they shall know that I am the Lord Jehovah. (See JPS)
Ezekiel 28:26 And they shall dwell securely therein; yea, they shall build houses, and plant vineyards, and shall dwell securely, when I have executed judgments upon all those that do them despite round about them; and they shall know that I am Jehovah their God. (See JPS)
Ezekiel 36:5 therefore thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Surely in the fire of my jealousy have I spoken against the residue of the nations, and against all Edom, that have appointed my land unto themselves for a possession with the joy of all their heart, with despite of soul, to cast it out for a prey. (See JPS)