|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To change the guise or appearance of; especially, to conceal by an unusual dress, or one intended to mislead or deceive.
2. (v. t.) To hide by a counterfeit appearance; to cloak by a false show; to mask; as, to disguise anger; to disguise one's sentiments, character, or intentions.
3. (v. t.) To affect or change by liquor; to intoxicate.
4. (n.) A dress or exterior put on for purposes of concealment or of deception; as, persons doing unlawful acts in disguise are subject to heavy penalties.
5. (n.) Artificial language or manner assumed for deception; false appearance; counterfeit semblance or show.
6. (n.) Change of manner by drink; intoxication.
7. (n.) A masque or masquerade.
Disguise (7 Occurrences)
Matthew 7:15 "Beware of the false teachers--men who come to you in sheep's fleeces, but beneath that disguise they are ravenous wolves. (WEY)
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder. Satan, their master, can disguise himself as an angel of light. (WEY NAS RSV)
2 Corinthians 11:15 It is therefore no great thing for his servants also to disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will be in accordance with their actions. (WEY NAS RSV)
Genesis 38:14 She took off of her the garments of her widowhood, and covered herself with her veil, and wrapped herself, and sat in the gate of Enaim, which is by the way to Timnah; for she saw that Shelah was grown up, and she wasn't given to him as a wife. (See NIV)
1 Kings 14:2 Jeroboam said to his wife, "Please get up and disguise yourself, that you won't be recognized as the wife of Jeroboam. Go to Shiloh. Behold, there is Ahijah the prophet, who spoke concerning me that I should be king over this people. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
1 Kings 22:30 The king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, "I will disguise myself, and go into the battle; but you put on your robes." The king of Israel disguised himself, and went into the battle. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
2 Chronicles 18:29 The king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, I will disguise myself, and go into the battle; but you put on your robes. So the king of Israel disguised himself; and they went into the battle. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)