|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) grief; sorrow; lamentation.
2. (n.) See Dolus.
3. (n.) Distribution; dealing; apportionment.
4. (n.) That which is dealt out; a part, share, or portion also, a scanty share or allowance.
5. (n.) Alms; charitable gratuity or portion.
6. (n.) A boundary; a landmark.
7. (n.) A void space left in tillage.
8. (v. t.) To deal out in small portions; to distribute, as a dole; to deal out scantily or grudgingly.
Dole (2 Occurrences)
1 Corinthians 13:3 If I dole out all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but don't have love, it profits me nothing. (WEB DBY)
Leviticus 26:26 When I break your staff of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall deliver your bread again by weight: and you shall eat, and not be satisfied. (See NIV)