|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dress.
2. (n.) Dress; raiment; especially, ornamental habiliment or attire.
3. (n.) An application (a remedy, bandage, etc.) to a sore or wound.
4. (n.) Manure or compost over land. When it remains on the surface, it is called a top-dressing.
5. (n.) A preparation to fit food for use; a condiment; as, a dressing for salad.
6. (n.) The stuffing of fowls, pigs, etc.; forcemeat.
7. (n.) Gum, starch, and the like, used in stiffening or finishing silk, linen, and other fabrics.
8. (n.) An ornamental finish, as a molding around doors, windows, or on a ceiling, etc.
9. (n.) Castigation; scolding; -- often with down.
Dressing (7 Occurrences)
Luke 23:11 Herod with his soldiers humiliated him and mocked him. Dressing him in luxurious clothing, they sent him back to Pilate. (WEB BBE NIV)
1 Peter 3:3 Do not let your ornaments be those of the body such as dressing of the hair, or putting on of jewels of gold or fair clothing; (BBE)
2 Kings 9:30 And when Jehu came to Jezreel, Jezebel had news of it; and, painting her eyes and dressing her hair with ornaments, she put her head out of the window. (BBE)
Esther 6:11 Then Haman took the robes and the horse, and dressing Mordecai in the robes, he made him go on horseback through the streets of the town, crying out before him, So let it be done to the man whom the king has delight in honouring. (BBE)
Isaiah 22:12 In that day, the Lord, Yahweh of Armies, called to weeping, and to mourning, and to baldness, and to dressing in sackcloth: (WEB)
Jeremiah 8:22 Is there no balm in Gilead? is there no physician there? Why then is there no dressing applied for the healing of the daughter of my people? (DBY)
Jeremiah 33:6 Behold, I will apply a healing dressing to it and cure, and I will heal them, and will reveal unto them an abundance of peace and truth. (DBY)