|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To breathe out; to emit from the lungs; to throw out from the mouth or nostrils in the process of respiration; -- opposed to inspire.
2. (v. t.) To give forth insensibly or gently, as a fluid or vapor; to emit in minute particles; to exhale; as, the earth expires a damp vapor; plants expire odors.
3. (v. t.) To emit; to give out.
4. (v. t.) To bring to a close; to terminate.
5. (v. i.) To emit the breath.
6. (v. i.) To emit the last breath; to breathe out the life; to die; as, to expire calmly; to expire in agony.
7. (v. i.) To come to an end; to cease; to terminate; to perish; to become extinct; as, the flame expired; his lease expires to-day; the month expired on Saturday.
8. (v. i.) To burst forth; to fly out with a blast.
Expire (14 Occurrences)
Acts 5:5 And Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and expired. And great fear came upon all who heard it. (Root in DBY WBS YLT)
Genesis 6:17 For I, behold, I bring a flood of waters on the earth, to destroy all flesh under the heavens in which is the breath of life: everything that is on the earth shall expire. (DBY YLT)
Genesis 7:21 And all flesh that moved on the earth expired, fowl as well as cattle, and beasts, and all crawling things which crawl on the earth, and all mankind: (Root in DBY YLT)
Numbers 17:12 And the children of Israel spoke to Moses, saying, Lo, we expire, we perish, we all perish. (DBY YLT)
Numbers 17:13 Every one that comes at all near to the tabernacle of Jehovah shall die: shall we then expire altogether? (DBY YLT)
Job 3:11 Wherefore did I not die from the womb, come forth from the belly and expire? (DBY WBS NAS RSV)
Job 10:18 And wherefore didst thou bring me forth out of the womb? I had expired, and no eye had seen me. (Root in DBY WBS YLT)
Job 13:19 Who is he that contendeth with me? For if I were silent now, I should expire. (DBY WBS)
Job 27:5 Pollution to me -- if I justify you, Till I expire I turn not aside mine integrity from me. (YLT)
Job 29:18 And I say, 'With my nest I expire, And as the sand I multiply days.' (YLT)
Job 34:15 All flesh would expire together, and man would return to the dust. (DBY YLT)
Job 36:12 But if they hearken not, they shall pass away by the sword, and expire without knowledge. (DBY YLT)
Psalms 104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled; thou takest away their breath, they expire and return to their dust. (DBY YLT NAS)
Zechariah 13:8 And it hath come to pass, In all the land, an affirmation of Jehovah, Two parts in it are cut off -- they expire, And the third is left in it. (YLT)