|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Flash.
2. (n.) The creation of an artificial flood by the sudden letting in of a body of water; -- called also flushing.
3. (n.) Pieces of metal, built into the joints of a wall, so as to lap over the edge of the gutters or to cover the edge of the roofing; also, similar pieces used to cover the valleys of roofs of slate, shingles, or the like. By extension, the metal covering of ridges and hips of roofs; also, in the United States, the protecting of angles and breaks in walls of frame houses with waterproof material, tarred paper, or the like. Cf. Filleting.
4. (n.) The reheating of an article at the furnace aperture during manufacture to restore its plastic condition; esp., the reheating of a globe of crown glass to allow it to assume a flat shape as it is rotated.
5. (n.) A mode of covering transparent white glass with a film of colored glass.
Flashing (12 Occurrences)
Genesis 3:24 And he drove out Man; and he set the Cherubim, and the flame of the flashing sword, toward the east of the garden of Eden, to guard the way to the tree of life. (DBY NIV)
Exodus 9:24 So there was hail, and fire mingled with the hail, very grievous, such as had not been in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation. (See JPS NAS RSV)
Deuteronomy 32:41 if I whet my glittering sword, My hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to my adversaries, and will recompense those who hate me. (See NAS NIV)
Deuteronomy 33:2 He said, "Yahweh came from Sinai, And rose from Seir to them. He shone forth from Mount Paran. He came from the ten thousands of holy ones. At his right hand was a fiery law for them. (See NAS)
Job 39:23 The quiver rattles against him, the flashing spear and the javelin. (WEB ASV NAS RSV NIV)
Psalms 76:3 There broke he the flashings of the bow, shield and sword and battle. Selah. (Root in DBY RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 1:4 I looked, and behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, a great cloud, with flashing lightning, and a brightness around it, and out of its midst as it were glowing metal, out of the midst of the fire. (WEB JPS NAS RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 20:47 and say to the forest of the south, Hear the word of Jehovah. Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will kindle a fire in thee, and it shall devour every green tree in thee, and every dry tree: the flashing flame shall not be quenched; and all that it meets from the south to the north shall be burned thereby. (DBY)
Nahum 2:3 The body-covers of his fighting men have been made red, the men of war are clothed in bright red: the war-carriages are like flames of fire in the day when he gets ready, the horses are shaking. (See NAS)
Nahum 3:3 the horseman mounting, and the flashing sword, the glittering spear, and a multitude of slain, and a great heap of corpses, and there is no end of the bodies. They stumble on their bodies, (WEB JPS ASV NAS RSV NIV)
Habakkuk 3:4 His splendor is like the sunrise. Rays shine from his hand, where his power is hidden. (See NAS)
Habakkuk 3:11 The sun and moon stood still in the sky, at the light of your arrows as they went, at the shining of your glittering spear. (See NIV)