|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) One who founds, establishes, and erects; one who lays a foundation; an author; one from whom anything originates; one who endows.
2. (n.) One who founds; one who casts metals in various forms; a caster; as, a founder of cannon, bells, hardware, or types.
3. (v. i.) To become filled with water, and sink, as a ship.
4. (v. i.) To fall; to stumble and go lame, as a horse.
5. (v. i.) To fail; to miscarry.
6. (v. t.) To cause internal inflammation and soreness in the feet or limbs of (a horse), so as to disable or lame him.
7. (n.) A lameness in the foot of a horse, occasioned by inflammation; closh.
8. (n.) An inflammatory fever of the body, or acute rheumatism; as, chest founder. See Chest founder.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
foun'-der (from tsaraph): A worker in molten metal (Judges 17:4, etc.).
The word in the King James Version in Jeremiah 10:9, 14; Jeremiah 51:17 is rendered in the Revised Version (British and American) "goldsmith," and in 6:29 by a paraphrase, "They go on refining."
See REFINER; GOLDSMITH.
Founder (5 Occurrences)
Judges 17:4 When he restored the money to his mother, his mother took two hundred pieces of silver, and gave them to the founder, who made of it an engraved image and a molten image: and it was in the house of Micah. (WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS)
Isaiah 41:7 And the artizan encouraged the founder, he that smootheth with the hammer him that smiteth on the anvil, saying of the soldering, It is good; and he fasteneth it with nails, that it be not moved. (DBY)
Jeremiah 6:29 The bellows are burned, the lead is consumed of the fire; the founder melteth in vain: for the wicked are not plucked away. (KJV JPS WBS)
Jeremiah 10:14 Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them. (KJV DBY WBS)
Jeremiah 51:17 Every man is brutish by his knowledge; every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them. (KJV DBY WBS)