|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To construct by fitting and uniting the several parts of the skeleton of any structure; specifically, in woodwork, to put together by cutting parts of one member to fit parts of another. See Splice.
2. (v. t.) To originate; to plan; to devise; to contrive; to compose; in a bad sense, to invent or fabricate, as something false.
3. (v. t.) To fit to something else, or for some specific end; to adjust; to regulate; to shape; to conform.
4. (v. t.) To cause; to bring about; to produce.
5. (v. t.) To support.
6. (v. t.) To provide with a frame, as a picture.
7. (v. i.) To shape; to arrange, as the organs of speech.
8. (v. i.) To proceed; to go.
9. (n.) Anything composed of parts fitted and united together; a fabric; a structure; esp., the constructional system, whether of timber or metal, that gives to a building, vessel, etc., its model and strength; the skeleton of a structure.
10. (n.) The bodily structure; physical constitution; make or build of a person.
11. (n.) A kind of open case or structure made for admitting, inclosing, or supporting things, as that which encloses or contains a window, door, picture, etc.; that on which anything is held or stretched
12. (n.) The skeleton structure which supports the boiler and machinery of a locomotive upon its wheels.
13. (n.) A molding box or flask, which being filled with sand serves as a mold for castings.
14. (n.) The ribs and stretchers of an umbrella or other structure with a fabric covering.
15. (n.) A structure of four bars, adjustable in size, on which cloth, etc., is stretched for quilting, embroidery, etc.
16. (n.) A glazed portable structure for protecting young plants from frost.
17. (n.) A stand to support the type cases for use by the compositor.
18. (n.) A term applied, especially in England, to certain machines built upon or within framework; as, a stocking frame; lace frame; spinning frame, etc.
19. (n.) Form; shape; proportion; scheme; structure; constitution; system; as, a frame of government.
20. (n.) Particular state or disposition, as of the mind; humor; temper; mood; as, to be always in a happy frame.
21. (n.) Contrivance; the act of devising or scheming.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
(1) yetser (from root yatsar, "to knead," mold with the fingers): "For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust" (Psalm 103:14).
(2) `erekh (from root `arakh, "to put in order," "to set in a row," "to arrange"): "goodly frame" (Job 41:12, the King James Version "goodly proportion").
(3) `otsem "bony frame" "body": "My frame was not hidden from thee, when I was made in secret" (Psalm 139:15), the King James Version "my substance," the King James Version margin "my strength, or, my body."
See also BONE.
(4) mibhneh, "building, frame" (Ezekiel 40:2, "frame of a city").
(5) nathan, "to give," "to direct": "They will not frame their doings" (Hosea 5:4, the King James Version and the Revised Version, margin).
(6) sunarmologeo, "to fit or join closely together" (Ephesians 2:21).
(7) katartizo, "to fit out," "make fit," "adjust" (Hebrews 11:3).
H. L. E. Luering
Frame (33 Occurrences)
Exodus 25:25 And make a frame all round it, as wide as a man's hand, with a gold edge to the frame. (BBE RSV)
Exodus 25:27 The rings are to be fixed under the frame to take the rods with which the table is to be lifted. (BBE RSV)
Exodus 26:16 Ten cubits shall be the length of a board, and one and a half cubits the breadth of each board. (See RSV NIV)
Exodus 26:17 There shall be two tenons in each board, joined to one another: thus you shall make for all the boards of the tabernacle. (See RSV NIV)
Exodus 26:19 You shall make forty sockets of silver under the twenty boards; two sockets under one board for its two tenons, and two sockets under another board for its two tenons. (See RSV NIV)
Exodus 26:21 and their forty sockets of silver; two sockets under one board, and two sockets under another board. (See RSV NIV)
Exodus 26:25 There shall be eight boards, and their sockets of silver, sixteen sockets; two sockets under one board, and two sockets under another board. (See RSV NIV)
Exodus 36:21 Ten cubits was the length of a board, and a cubit and a half the breadth of each board. (See RSV NIV)
Exodus 36:22 Each board had two tenons, joined one to another. He made all the boards of the tabernacle this way. (See RSV NIV)
Exodus 36:24 He made forty sockets of silver under the twenty boards; two sockets under one board for its two tenons, and two sockets under another board for its two tenons. (See RSV NIV)
Exodus 36:26 and their forty sockets of silver; two sockets under one board, and two sockets under another board. (See RSV NIV)
Exodus 36:30 There were eight boards, and their sockets of silver, sixteen sockets; under every board two sockets. (See RSV NIV)
Exodus 37:12 And he made a frame all round it about as wide as a man's hand, edged with gold all round. (BBE RSV)
Exodus 37:14 The rings were fixed under the frame to take the rods with which the table was to be lifted. (BBE RSV)
Exodus 38:4 And he made a network of brass for the altar, under the frame round it, stretching half-way up; (BBE)
Numbers 4:10 They shall put it and all its vessels within a covering of sealskin, and shall put it on the frame. (WEB ASV BBE RSV NIV)
Numbers 4:12 "They shall take all the vessels of ministry, with which they minister in the sanctuary, and put them in a blue cloth, and cover them with a covering of sealskin, and shall put them on the frame. (WEB ASV BBE RSV NIV)
Deuteronomy 31:21 It shall happen, when many evils and troubles are come on them, that this song shall testify before them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they frame this day, before I have brought them into the land which I swore." (WEB ASV)
Judges 12:6 Then said they unto him, Say now Shibboleth: and he said Sibboleth: for he could not frame to pronounce it right. Then they took him, and slew him at the passages of Jordan: and there fell at that time of the Ephraimites forty and two thousand. (KJV JPS ASV WBS)
1 Kings 6:31 And for the entrance of the oracle he made doors of olive-wood: the lintel and door-posts were a fifth part of the wall. (See JPS)
1 Kings 6:33 So also made he for the entrance of the temple door-posts of olive-wood, out of a fourth part of the wall; (See JPS)
1 Kings 7:5 And all the doors and windows had square frames, with the windows facing one another in three lines. (BBE JPS NAS RSV NIV)
1 Kings 7:31 The mouth of it within the capital and above was a cubit: and its mouth was round after the work of a pedestal, a cubit and a half; and also on its mouth were engravings, and their panels were foursquare, not round. (See NIV)
Job 17:7 My eye also is dim by reason of sorrow. All my members are as a shadow. (See NIV)
Job 41:12 "I will not keep silence concerning his limbs, nor his mighty strength, nor his goodly frame. (WEB ASV BBE NAS RSV)
Psalms 94:20 Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law? (Root in KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT RSV)
Psalms 103:14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. (KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV)
Psalms 139:15 My frame wasn't hidden from you, when I was made in secret, woven together in the depths of the earth. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 38:12 My resting-place is pulled up and taken away from me like a herdsman's tent: my life is rolled up like a linen-worker's thread; I am cut off from the cloth on the frame: from day even to night you give me up to pain. (BBE)
Isaiah 58:11 And the Lord will be your guide at all times; in dry places he will give you water in full measure, and will make strong your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like an ever-flowing spring. (See NIV)
Jeremiah 18:11 Now therefore, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus says Yahweh: Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return you now everyone from his evil way, and amend your ways and your doings. (WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS)
Ezekiel 40:2 In the visions of God brought he me into the land of Israel, and set me down on a very high mountain, whereon was as it were the frame of a city on the south. (WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS YLT)
Hosea 5:4 They will not frame their doings to turn unto their God: for the spirit of whoredoms is in the midst of them, and they have not known the LORD. (KJV WBS)