|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (Indic. present) of Have.
2. (p. p.) of Have.
3. (v. t.) To hold in possession or control; to own; as, he has a farm.
4. (v. t.) To possess, as something which appertains to, is connected with, or affects, one.
5. (v. t.) To accept possession of; to take or accept.
6. (v. t.) To get possession of; to obtain; to get.
7. (v. t.) To cause or procure to be; to effect; to exact; to desire; to require.
8. (v. t.) To bear, as young; as, she has just had a child.
9. (v. t.) To hold, regard, or esteem.
10. (v. t.) To cause or force to go; to take.
11. (v. t.) To take or hold (one's self); to proceed promptly; -- used reflexively, often with ellipsis of the pronoun; as, to have after one; to have at one or at a thing, i. e., to aim at one or at a thing; to attack; to have with a companion.
12. (v. t.) To be under necessity or obligation; to be compelled; followed by an infinitive.
13. (v. t.) To understand.
14. (v. t.) To put in an awkward position; to have the advantage of; as, that is where he had him.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
hav: "To have" is to own or possess; its various uses may be resolved into this, its proper meaning.
A few of the many changes in the Revised Version (British and American) are, for "a man that hath friends" (Proverbs 18:24), "maketh many friends," margin (Hebrew) "a man of friends"; for "all that I have" (Luke 15:31), "all that is mine"; for "we have peace with God" (Romans 5:1) the English Revised Version has "let us have," margin "some authorities read we have," the American Standard Revised Version as the King James Version margin "many ancient authorities read let us have"; for "what great conflict I have" (Colossians 2:1), "how greatly I strive"; for "will have" (Matthew 9:13; Matthew 12:7), "desire"; Matthew 27:43, "desireth"; for "would have" (Mark 6:19 Acts 10:10), "desired"; Acts 16:27, "was about"; 19:30, "was minded to"; 23:28 "desiring"; Hebrews 12:17, "desired to"; for "ye have" (Hebrews 10:34), the English Revised Version has "ye yourselves have," margin "ye have your ownselves," the American Standard Revised Version "ye have for yourselves," margin "many ancient authorities read, ye have your own selves for a better possession" (compare Luke 9:25; Luke 21:19); "having heard" for "after that ye heard" (Ephesians 1:13); "having suffered before," for "even after that we had suffered" (1 Thessalonians 2:2); "and thus, having," for "so after he had" (Hebrews 6:15).
W. L. Walker
Have (53575 Occurrences)
Have is used 53575 times in 12 translations.
You can narrow your search using the Advanced Bible Search.