|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) See straw.
2. (n.) The apparatus by which a ship is steered, comprising rudder, tiller, wheel, etc.; -- commonly used of the tiller or wheel alone.
3. (n.) The place or office of direction or administration.
4. (n.) One at the place of direction or control; a steersman; hence, a guide; a director.
5. (n.) A helve.
6. (v. t.) To steer; to guide; to direct.
7. (n.) A helmet.
8. (n.) A heavy cloud lying on the brow of a mountain.
9. (v. t.) To cover or furnish with a helm or helmet.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
See SHIPS AND BOATS.
Helm (1 Occurrence)
James 3:4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth. (KJV WEY DBY WBS YLT)