|Easton's Bible Dictionary|
Jehovah-granted, Jeroboam II.
(1.) A Korhite, the head of one of the divisions of the temple porters (1 Chronicles 26:3).
(2.) One of Jehoshaphat's "captains" (2 Chronicles 17:15).
(3.) The father of Azariah (2 Chronicles 28:12).
(4.) The son of Tobiah, an enemy of the Jews (Nehemiah 6:18).
(5.) Nehemiah 12:42.
(6.) Nehemiah 12:13.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
je-ho-ha'-nan (yehochanan, "Yahweh is (or has been) gracious"):
(1) A Korahite doorkeeper in David's reign, "son" of Meshelemiah (1 Chronicles 26:3). Septuagint, Luc, has "Jehonathan."
(2) One of the five captains over King Jehoshaphat's army (2 Chronicles 17:15), probably father of Ishmael, "son of Jehohanan" (2 Chronicles 23:1).
(3) Ezra 10:6 (the King James Version has "Johnnan") = "Johanan" of Nehemiah 12:22, 23 = "Jonathan" of Nehemiah 12:11, "son" of Eliashib (Ezra 10:6; but "grandson" in Nehemiah 12:11). He was high priest in Ezra's time = "Jonas" in 1 Esdras 9:1 (the King James Version "Joanan").
(4) One of those who had married foreign wives (Ezra 10:28) = "Joannes" the Revised Version (British and American), "Johannes" the King James Version (1 Esdras 9:29).
(5) Son of Tobiah, the Ammonite, Nehemiah's opponent (Nehemiah 6:18, the King James Version "Johanan").
(6) Head of the priestly family of Amariah (Nehemiah 12:13).
(7) A priest present at the dedication of the walls of Jerusalem (Nehemiah 12:42).
(8) The name in the Hebrew of 2 Chronicles 28:12.
See JOHANAN, (7).
David Francis Roberts
Jehohanan (9 Occurrences)
1 Chronicles 26:3 Elam the fifth, Jehohanan the sixth, Eliehoenai the seventh. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE WBS YLT NIV)
2 Chronicles 17:15 and next to him Jehohanan the captain, and with him two hundred eighty thousand; (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE WBS YLT NIV)
2 Chronicles 23:1 In the seventh year Jehoiada strengthened himself, and took the captains of hundreds, Azariah the son of Jeroham, and Ishmael the son of Jehohanan, and Azariah the son of Obed, and Maaseiah the son of Adaiah, and Elishaphat the son of Zichri, into covenant with him. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NIV)
2 Chronicles 28:12 Then certain of the heads of the children of Ephraim, Azariah the son of Johanan, Berechiah the son of Meshillemoth, and Jehizkiah the son of Shallum, and Amasa the son of Hadlai, stood up against them that came from the war, (See JPS NIV)
Ezra 10:6 Then Ezra rose up from before the house of God, and went into the chamber of Jehohanan the son of Eliashib: and when he came there, he ate no bread, nor drank water; for he mourned because of the trespass of them of the captivity. (WEB JPS ASV BBE DBY YLT NAS NIV)
Ezra 10:28 Of the sons of Bebai: Jehohanan, Hananiah, Zabbai, Athlai. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Nehemiah 6:18 For there were many in Judah sworn to him, because he was the son-in-law of Shecaniah the son of Arah; and his son Jehohanan had taken the daughter of Meshullam the son of Berechiah as wife. (WEB JPS ASV BBE YLT NAS NIV)
Nehemiah 12:13 of Ezra, Meshullam; of Amariah, Jehohanan; (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Nehemiah 12:42 and Maaseiah, and Shemaiah, and Eleazar, and Uzzi, and Jehohanan, and Malchijah, and Elam, and Ezer. The singers sang loud, with Jezrahiah their overseer. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)