|Easton's Bible Dictionary|
Snatched away by God.
(1.) A descendant of Benjamin (1 Chronicles 9:35; 8:29).
(2.) One of the Levites who took part in praising God on the removal of the ark to Jerusalem (1 Chronicles 16:5).
(3.) 2 Chronicles 29:13. A Levite of the sons of Asaph.
(4.) 2 Chronicles 26:11. A scribe.
(5.) 1 Chronicles 5:7. A Reubenite chief.
(6.) One of the chief Levites, who made an offering for the restoration of the Passover by Josiah (2 Chronicles 35:9).
(7.) Ezra 8:13.
(8.) Ezra 10:43.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
je-i'-el (ye`i'el, meaning unknown):
(1) A Reubenite (1 Chronicles 5:7).
(2) In 1 Chronicles 8:29, added in the Revised Version (British and American) from 9:35, where Kethibh is "Jeuel," an ancestor of King Saul; the King James Version "Jehiel."
(3) One of David's mighty men (1 Chronicles 11:44). the King James Version is "Jehiel"; Kethibh is "Jeuel."
(4) A Levite, keeper of the ark with Obed-edom (1 Chronicles 15:18, 21; 1 Chronicles 16:5 2 Chronicles 20:14), called "Jehiah" in 1 Chronicles 15:24.
(5) A Levite (1 Chronicles 16:5) = "Jaaziel" of 1 Chronicles 15:18 (which see).
(6) A scribe under King Uzziah (2 Chronicles 26:11).
(7) A chief of the Levites, present at King Josiah's great Passover feast (2 Chronicles 35:9).
(8) One of those who had married foreign wives (Ezra 10:43) = "Juel" in 1 Esdras 9:35.
(9) the King James Version in 2 Chronicles 29:14; see JEHIEL, (5).
(10) the King James Version in Ezra 8:13; see JEUEL, (3).
David Francis Roberts
Jeiel (13 Occurrences)
1 Chronicles 5:7 His brothers by their families, when the genealogy of their generations was reckoned: the chief, Jeiel, and Zechariah, (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 8:29 In Gibeon there lived the father of Gibeon, Jeiel, whose wife's name was Maacah; (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 9:35 In Gibeon there lived the father of Gibeon, Jeiel, whose wife's name was Maacah: (WEB JPS ASV BBE DBY NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 11:44 Uzzia the Ashterathite, Shama and Jeiel the sons of Hotham the Aroerite, (WEB JPS ASV BBE DBY NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 15:18 and with them their brothers of the second degree, Zechariah, Ben, and Jaaziel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Unni, Eliab, and Benaiah, and Maaseiah, and Mattithiah, and Eliphelehu, and Mikneiah, and Obed-Edom, and Jeiel, the doorkeepers. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 15:21 and Mattithiah, and Eliphelehu, and Mikneiah, and Obed-Edom, and Jeiel, and Azaziah, with harps tuned to the eight-stringed lyre, to lead. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 16:5 Asaph the chief, and second to him Zechariah, Jeiel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Mattithiah, and Eliab, and Benaiah, and Obed-Edom, and Jeiel, with stringed instruments and with harps; and Asaph with cymbals, sounding aloud; (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
2 Chronicles 20:14 Then on Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, the Levite, of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of Yahweh in the midst of the assembly; (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
2 Chronicles 26:11 Moreover Uzziah had an army of fighting men, who went out to war by bands, according to the number of their reckoning made by Jeiel the scribe and Maaseiah the officer, under the hand of Hananiah, one of the king's captains. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
2 Chronicles 29:13 And of the sons of Elizaphan; Shimri, and Jeiel: and of the sons of Asaph; Zechariah, and Mattaniah: (KJV JPS DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
2 Chronicles 35:9 Conaniah also, and Shemaiah and Nethanel, his brothers, and Hashabiah and Jeiel and Jozabad, the chiefs of the Levites, gave to the Levites for the Passover offerings five thousand small livestock, and five hundred head of cattle. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY YLT NAS NIV)
Ezra 8:13 And of the last sons of Adonikam, whose names are these, Eliphelet, Jeiel, and Shemaiah, and with them threescore males. (KJV JPS DBY WBS YLT)
Ezra 10:43 Of the sons of Nebo: Jeiel, Mattithiah, Zabad, Zebina, Iddo, and Joel, Benaiah. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)