|Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia|
(a) yeremoth and
(c) yerimowth, meaning unknown:
Of the following (1) has form (b), (5) the form (c), the rest (a).
(1) In 1 Chronicles 7:8 (the King James Version "Jerimoth"), and
(2) In 1 Chronicles 8:14, Benjamites. Compare JEROHAM, (2).
(3) In 1 Chronicles 23:23, and (4) in 1 Chronicles 25:22 = "Jerimoth," 24:30; heads of Levitical houses.
(5) A Naphtalite, one of David's tribal princes (1 Chronicles 27:19); the King James Version "Jerimoth."
(6) (7) (8) Men who had married foreign wives. In Ezra 10:26 (="Hieremoth," 1 Esdras 9:27); Ezra 10:27 (="Jarimoth," 1 Esdras 9:28); Ezra 10:29 (="Hieremoth," 1 Esdras 9:30); the Qere of the last is weramoth, "and Ramoth"; so the Revised Version margin, the King James Version.
David Francis Roberts
Jeremoth (9 Occurrences)
1 Chronicles 7:8 The sons of Becher: Zemirah, and Joash, and Eliezer, and Elioenai, and Omri, and Jeremoth, and Abijah, and Anathoth, and Alemeth. All these were the sons of Becher. (WEB JPS ASV DBY NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 8:14 and Ahio, Shashak, and Jeremoth, (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 8:27 And Jaareshiah and Elijah and Zichri, the sons of Jeremoth. (BBE)
1 Chronicles 23:23 The sons of Mushi: Mahli, and Eder, and Jeremoth, three. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS NAS)
1 Chronicles 25:22 for the fifteenth to Jeremoth, his sons and his brothers, twelve: (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS)
1 Chronicles 27:19 of Zebulun, Ishmaiah the son of Obadiah: of Naphtali, Jeremoth the son of Azriel: (WEB ASV NAS)
Ezra 10:26 Of the sons of Elam: Mattaniah, Zechariah, and Jehiel, and Abdi, and Jeremoth, and Elijah. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Ezra 10:27 Of the sons of Zattu: Elioenai, Eliashib, Mattaniah, and Jeremoth, and Zabad, and Aziza. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Ezra 10:29 Of the sons of Bani: Meshullam, Malluch, and Adaiah, Jashub, and Sheal, Jeremoth. (WEB ASV BBE NAS NIV)