|Easton's Bible Dictionary|
Deliverance of Jehovah.
(1.) A Kohathite Levite, the father of Joram, of the family of Eliezer (1 Chronicles 26:25); called also Isshiah (24:21).
(2.) One of the sons of Jeduthum (1 Chronicles 25:3, 15).
(3.) One of the three sons of Hananiah (1 Chronicles 3:21).
(4.) Son of Athaliah (Ezra 8:7).
(5.) A Levite of the family of Merari (8:19).
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
(b) yesha`yah, "deliverance of Yah"; (2) (3) below have form (a), the others form (b):
(1) Son of Hananiah, and grandson of Zerubbabel, according to 1 Chronicles 3:21, the King James Version "Jesaiah."
But commentators follow Hebrew (and the Revised Version margin) in the first part of the verse, and Septuagint, Vulgate, Syriac in the second part, thus reading, "And the son of Hananiah (was) Pelatiah, and Jeshaiah (was) his son, and Arnan his son," etc., thus making Jeshaiah a grandson of Hananiah.
(2) A "son" of Jeduthun, and like him a temple musician; head of the family of that name (1 Chronicles 25:3, 15).
(3) A Levite, ancestor of Shelemoth, one of David's treasurers (1 Chronicles 26:25).
(4) A descendant of Elam; he went with Ezra from Babylon to Jerusalem (Ezra 8:7) = "Jesias" (Revised Version), "Josias" (the King James Version), 1 Esdras 8:33.
(5) A descendant of Merari and a contemporary of Ezra (Ezra 8:19) = "Osaias" of 1 Esdras 8:48.
(6) A Benjamite (Nehemiah 11:7), the King James Version "Jesaiah."
David Francis Roberts
Jeshaiah (7 Occurrences)
1 Chronicles 3:21 The sons of Hananiah: Pelatiah, and Jeshaiah; the sons of Rephaiah, the sons of Arnan, the sons of Obadiah, the sons of Shecaniah. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 25:3 Of Jeduthun; the sons of Jeduthun: Gedaliah, and Zeri, and Jeshaiah, Hashabiah, and Mattithiah, six, under the hands of their father Jeduthun with the harp, who prophesied in giving thanks and praising Yahweh. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE WBS YLT NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 25:15 the eighth to Jeshaiah, his sons and his brothers, twelve: (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE WBS YLT NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 26:25 His brothers: of Eliezer came Rehabiah his son, and Jeshaiah his son, and Joram his son, and Zichri his son, and Shelomoth his son. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Ezra 8:7 Of the sons of Elam, Jeshaiah the son of Athaliah; and with him seventy males. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Ezra 8:19 and Hashabiah, and with him Jeshaiah of the sons of Merari, his brothers and their sons, twenty; (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Nehemiah 11:7 These are the sons of Benjamin: Sallu the son of Meshullam, the son of Joed, the son of Pedaiah, the son of Kolaiah, the son of Maaseiah, the son of Ithiel, the son of Jeshaiah. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)