|Easton's Bible Dictionary|
(1.) The patriarch Judah, son of Jacob (Luke 3:33; Hebrews 7:14). In Luke 1:39; Hebrews 7:14; Revelation 5:5; 7:5, the word refers to the tribe of Judah.
(2.) The father of Simeon in Christ's maternal ancestry (Luke 3:30).
(3.) Son of Joanna, and father of Joseph in Christ's maternal ancestry (26), probably identical with Abiud (Matthew 1:13), and with Obadiah (1 Chronicles 3:21).
(4.) One of the Lord's "brethren" (Mark 6:3).
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
joo'-da: Luke 1:39 the King James Version, see JUTTAH; Luke 3:26, see JODA; 3:30, see JUDAS.
(1) The name of an ancestor of Jesus (Luke 3:30). In the King James Version it occurs also in Luke 3:26, but the Revised Version (British and American) has "Joda" (Westcott-Hort, Ioda).
(2) Judas Iscariot (see separate article).
(3) One of the brothers of Jesus (Matthew 13:55 Mark 6:3).
(4) An apostle, "not Iscariot" (John 14:22). He is generally identified with Lebbaeus (Matthew 10:3) and Thaddeus (Mark 3:18). See LEBBAEUS; THADDAEUS. He is called JUDAS OF JAMES (which see) (Luke 6:16 Acts 1:13), which means "the son of James" not (the King James Version) "the brother of James."
(5) A Galilean who stirred up rebellion "in the days of the enrollment" (Acts 5:37).
See JUDAS OF GALILEE.
(6) One with whom Paul lodged in Damascus, whose house was in "the street which is called Straight" (Acts 9:11). Nothing further is known of him. A house is pointed out as his, in a lane off the Straight Street.
(7) Judas Barsabbas (Acts 15:22, 27, 32; see separate article).
S. F. Hunter
Juda (11 Occurrences)
Matthew 1:2 Abraham became the father of Isaac. Isaac became the father of Jacob. Jacob became the father of Judah and his brothers. (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Matthew 1:3 Judah became the father of Perez and Zerah by Tamar. Perez became the father of Hezron. Hezron became the father of Ram. (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Matthew 2:6 'You Bethlehem, land of Judah, are in no way least among the princes of Judah: for out of you shall come forth a governor, who shall shepherd my people, Israel.'" (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Mark 6:3 Isn't this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judah, and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" They were offended at him. (Root in WEB KJV ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Luke 1:39 Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Judah, (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS NAS RSV)
Luke 3:26 the son of Maath, the son of Mattathias, the son of Semein, the son of Joseph, the son of Judah, (Root in WEB KJV DBY WBS YLT)
Luke 3:30 the son of Simeon, the son of Judah, the son of Joseph, the son of Jonan, the son of Eliakim, (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Luke 3:33 the son of Amminadab, the son of Aram, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah, (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Hebrews 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord has sprung out of Judah, about which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood. (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he said, "Behold, the days come," says the Lord, "that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah; (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Revelation 5:5 One of the elders said to me, "Don't weep. Behold, the Lion who is of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome; he who opens the book and its seven seals." (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)